Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
24921 - 24940 of 24973 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,271 Posts
I hauled some dogs to the vet in my ZR2. I volunteer at a shelter for senior dogs and took several to the vet for their vaccinations. They seemed to love riding in my crew cab with the windows down. And yes, they were buckled in. (y)
Very nice of you to do that.
And very responsible to have them buckled in.

Reactions: Mad German

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
250 Posts
Today was a very busy day for my Canyon.

Up at 4am, left home at 5am, headed south. Saw an amazing sunrise over Keweenaw Bay in L'anse, the bay was glass-smooth, wish I'd had my camera as the phone didn't do a good job.

Then it was set the cruise and off we go!
Green Nature Organism Terrestrial plant Font

You know, I'd forgotten the Oshkosh air show was this weekend? Man, there were so many things in the air near there. Anyway, after a bit of paperwork, this happened to find itself hooked behind the Canyon.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

I returned a different way and came up through the Wisconsin Dells. I think I'll have to visit there again, beautiful area! I've heard there are some great motorcycle roads around there.

After 14 and a half hours, I had her home and sitting in the driveway. It's going to take some getting used to, it's the first bike I've had since I was a kid that I can't flat-foot, which is a surprise for me as I'm 6'2"! I'm looking forward to getting plates on it on Monday.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

As for what it is, 2022 Husqvarna Norden 901. I've been trying to find one since they supposedly went on sale in January, but stocks were very low and they just started becoming available 'in the region' (I mean, 6 hours is in the region, right?). This should be a little better suited for the dirt roads, two tracks, and forest trails we have up here than my Honda 919 was.

As for the truck, I realized on the way home that I've put over 6000 miles on it in the last two months, mostly long 6+ hour road trips. It's excelled at all of them and gotten great mileage over the duration. Even though the motorcycle and trailer weren't all that heavy, I'm always impressed when I have a trailer behind the little diesel, it really just doesn't care about hills.

·
Premium Member
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,483 Posts
Finally started building my water tank. Was going along quite well, but the front plate is being a bitch. Weld isn't puddling like it should in the bottom edge corner joint, but welded the other inside corners just fine. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Called it a day. Could tell I was getting loopy reassembling the torch.

Should be about 15ish gallons when done. That hose goes to my pump in the front passenger footwell. It will move behind the seat, infront of the tank.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,271 Posts
Well passed the 94,000 mile mark on my way home from work:

Font Circle Screenshot Darkness Multimedia

·
Registered
2017 & 2021 ZR2
246 Posts
Finished up some odds and ends in the last few days.

• Installed the Chevy Kicker subwoofer. After my previous audio woes, I'm super happy to have gotten this installed.
  • Re-installed the Expo One dual swing out rear bumper after getting it re-powder coated. Installed new bumper lights and got the wiring tidied up.
  • Installed the new RSI Adventure cap
  • Removed the OME 100R Medium Leafs (in the classified section) and installed the OME HD pack. Got it down to right at 2 hours.
  • Installed the new Prinsu cab rack
  • Installed the steel Chevy driveshaft

I'll add some pics a bit later
Vehicle Wheel Tire Truck Hood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
250 Posts
Installed the Chevy Kicker subwoofer. After my previous audio woes, I'm super happy to have gotten this installed.
The one with the amplifier? Sounds good? I've been considering it, myself.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Just installed a complete set of GM Tie Down hooks in every bed hole.

·
Registered
567 Posts
That must have been pricey. I went with the cheap amazon knock offs.

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
250 Posts
I've got aftermarket ones, but they are basically the same. They come in surprisingly handy even with a topper. More places to secure loads is never a bad thing!

Reactions: mpack

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
That must have been pricey. I went with the cheap amazon knock offs.
I had put 4 on years ago, and I just bought 2 sets of 4 (open box) off ebay for $64. I was 1 short to make the 13 holes and my son had 2 extra, so he gave me the 1 I was short.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
738 Posts
Finally took the time to add a stupid bracket to my flip down spare mount for my traction boards. I don't particularly need them on there right now but I have moved them 300+ times in the garage so now they are out of my way!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Plant Car Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
152 Posts

Up at 4am, left home at 5am, headed south. Saw an amazing sunrise over Keweenaw Bay in L'anse, the bay was glass-smooth, wish I'd had my camera as the phone didn't do a good job.

View attachment 432043

You know, I'd forgotten the Oshkosh air show was this weekend? Man, there were so many things in the air near there. Anyway, after a bit of paperwork, this happened to find itself hooked behind the Canyon.
View attachment 432045

I returned a different way and came up through the Wisconsin Dells. I think I'll have to visit there again, beautiful area! I've heard there are some great motorcycle roads around there.

After 14 and a half hours, I had her home and sitting in the driveway. It's going to take some getting used to, it's the first bike I've had since I was a kid that I can't flat-foot, which is a surprise for me as I'm 6'2"! I'm looking forward to getting plates on it on Monday.
View attachment 432046

As for what it is, 2022 Husqvarna Norden 901. I've been trying to find one since they supposedly went on sale in January, but stocks were very low and they just started becoming available 'in the region' (I mean, 6 hours is in the region, right?). This should be a little better suited for the dirt roads, two tracks, and forest trails we have up here than my Honda 919 was.

As for the truck, I realized on the way home that I've put over 6000 miles on it in the last two months, mostly long 6+ hour road trips. It's excelled at all of them and gotten great mileage over the duration. Even though the motorcycle and trailer weren't all that heavy, I'm always impressed when I have a trailer behind the little diesel, it really just doesn't care about hills.
Be carefully anywhere near Wisconsin Dells. If you do not keep a tight hold on your wallet money will fly out of it....even just passing through...lol

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
250 Posts
Be carefully anywhere near Wisconsin Dells. If you do not keep a tight hold on your wallet money will fly out of it....even just passing through...lol

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Based on my bank account, it'll happen before you go there, too! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Worked on the winch, trying to install the Milemarker wireless kit, but the board was dead. Was going to respool under load, but wife had to travel to the Bush before I could winch her Volvo up the driveway to properly tighten the synthetic line on the drum.

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
946 Posts

View attachment 432043

View attachment 432045

View attachment 432046

Congrats on the nord! I really hope husky brings back the svartpilen /vitpilen line with the new 901. They discontinued the 701 models due to low sales. Hopefully the nord won't be their only 901. I've got a svart401, and want to stick with a bigger husky when I move up in the future.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
738 Posts
Ok so I couldn't deal with the wing nuts for that long. So I order some knobs for 1/2" nuts to press on. Once I ordered those I thought well if I had a locking knob I could shorten the studs for more clearance to the tailgate if I need to swap the shocks out. Couldn't find anything until a random 4wp website listing for a hi-lift Vera mount locking knob. Turns out they are 1/2-13 threads! So shortened the studs today and I'm fairly happy. Next step is fully removing the assembly for paint and replacing the zinc all thread with stainless about 3/8" longer for safety pins to drop in case off-road rumbles eventually loosened these up even though that's very unlikely.

So long story short I knew what it looked like on the back of the boards and that was not up toy standards so I ordered more stuff and I'm happy 😁

If only I could find a matching 3 lug knob similar to the locking one I would be completely happy with it 😂

Train Automotive tire Wheel Engineering Auto part

Reactions: Y E T I
24921 - 24940 of 24973 Posts