Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
24901 - 24920 of 24973 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,720 Posts
I got the drivers side reinforcement plate welded in today. It looks about as good as the passenger side 🤦‍♂️

I got to speak with ThorParts today. They specialize in Hummer H3 solid axle conversions. They are an absolute wealth of knowledge and I was extremely impressed by how knowledgeable they truly were.

I was given a few tips and tricks to help my project along.

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I spent a few hours mocking up my steering box and pitman arm. I’d like to squeeze another inch of clearance between the drag link and tie rod.

I might be able to bring the box forward a 1/2” and push the axle back 1/2” to get the clearance I’m looking for.

It’s tighter than a mouse’s ear.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2019 ZR2 3.6L crew cab
18 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Grille Bumper Automotive design Rectangle

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Satellite radio

Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Bumper Font Material property Bicycle part Gadget

Comfort Bicycle part Composite material Auto part Bag

Car Speedometer Plant Vehicle Steering part

Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

The last photo there with red, was taken before I decided to wrap both the screen trim and shifter trim. Just don't have updated photo.

I wrapped a few more pieces just to bring it all together. Wanted everything to stay looking as factory as possible, if chevy didn't have 60 year old guys designing there color schemes and interiors. No offence. Alot more planned.

Interior to do;
Shift knob 2019 blazer
Change zr2 Door Sill Plates color scheme.
Hardwire interver
Relocate wireless phone charger.
Rear seat gun safe
A few of many on the list.

·
Registered
2019 ZR2 3.6L crew cab
18 Posts
Converted the ugly biege headliner to black and silver trims and some others to carbon fiber wrapped.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I built a lower profile front spring hanger today and got it tacked up in its final location but ran out of time and had to get ready for work.

If everything goes to plan I’ll have the rear mounts finalized and burned in by the end of the weekend.

I’m really looking forward to getting it off of jackstands even if it’s just temporary.

Steering clearances continue to be pretty tight but I think it’s going to be ok.

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey Wood
Wood Gas Tints and shades Bumper Triangle
Hood Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,271 Posts
View attachment 431822

View attachment 431830

View attachment 431823

View attachment 431826

View attachment 431825

View attachment 431824

View attachment 431828

View attachment 431827

View attachment 431829

The last photo there with red, was taken before I decided to wrap both the screen trim and shifter trim. Just don't have updated photo.

I wrapped a few more pieces just to bring it all together. Wanted everything to stay looking as factory as possible, if chevy didn't have 60 year old guys designing there color schemes and interiors. No offence. Alot more planned.

Interior to do;
Shift knob 2019 blazer
Change zr2 Door Sill Plates color scheme.
Hardwire interver
Relocate wireless phone charger.
Rear seat gun safe
A few of many on the list.
Looks very nice

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Mounted my new Zoleo satellite communicator to my rail mount and plugged it into the integrated USB port to have it charging whenever the truck is running. No, this is not my actual driver's view, I sit higher so it's not actually blocking any of my view. :)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gps navigation device Automotive design

·
Registered
23 Posts
Put in a cheap HUD thanks to @Tom S. Initial impression is for $30 I really like it. I haven't put up the reflective sheet, we'll see how I like it at night time without it. Up to 25mph it was spot on but around 30-35 it was 1mph over and at 50 it was showing 52. I'll adjust it via the directions and see if we can get it spot on.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Tachometer

Sky Plant Cloud Vehicle Car

·
Registered
567 Posts
Usually do this earlier in the year but did the turtle wax hybrid solutions treatment today. I'll do another tomorrow. Still looks pretty sharp.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
Put in a cheap HUD thanks to @Tom S. Initial impression is for $30 I really like it. I haven't put up the reflective sheet, we'll see how I like it at night time without it. Up to 25mph it was spot on but around 30-35 it was 1mph over and at 50 it was showing 52. I'll adjust it via the directions and see if we can get it spot on.

View attachment 431975

View attachment 431976
I had to adjust mine as well, but it was easy to do and is spot on now no matter what speed.

·
Registered
49 Posts

View attachment 431975

View attachment 431976
Need a link please. And it is adjustable? I upsized my tires and would love a cheaper option than the hypertech in line calibration.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I finalized my low profile spring hanger design and built my rear hangers. The picture shows them before they were trimmed to fit.

I got everything tacked up and decided I wanted to move the rear mounts back about 3/4 of an inch. Luckily it wasn’t to hard to get everything moved.

I got a real lesson in leaf spring tech today. I got the truck back on all 4 wheels which was a great feeling. The ride height is almost perfect. I’ve got a pretty tight clearance between the differential pumpkin and the frame. It’s got about 3 to 3.5” of clearance but I’d like more.

I noticed something else today. My front drivers side tire pokes out an inch further than the passenger side. Naturally, I instantly suspected that the axle wasn’t centered properly. I went back and measured everything again. It’s perfectly centered so I’m not sure what’s the cause.

Oh well, it was a fun day in the garage. I’ll grab some truck pictures tomorrow in the daylight. I worked late and neglected to document things.

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Bumper
Musical instrument Wood Grey Asphalt Tints and shades
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 & 2021 ZR2
246 Posts
Finished up some odds and ends in the last few days.

• Installed the Chevy Kicker subwoofer. After my previous audio woes, I'm super happy to have gotten this installed.
  • Re-installed the Expo One dual swing out rear bumper after getting it re-powder coated. Installed new bumper lights and got the wiring tidied up.
  • Installed the new RSI Adventure cap
  • Removed the OME 100R Medium Leafs (in the classified section) and installed the OME HD pack. Got it down to right at 2 hours.
  • Installed the new Prinsu cab rack
  • Installed the steel Chevy driveshaft
  • Front and rear Timbren bumpstops

I'll add some pics a bit later

24901 - 24920 of 24973 Posts