Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
24601 - 24620 of 24641 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
931 Posts
Taking a nice ~800 mile road trip. Let's see if the tierods leave me on the side of the road or not. (Haven't gotten a call from the dealer yet. I fully expect one at some point during the trip, probably right after I drive into a ditch)

Completed the pre trip inspection which was... top off washer fluid and wisper "you can do it" as I closed the hood neglecting to check anything else...

·
Registered
2022 Colorado Z71 4WD Crew Cab
10 Posts
I got the Line-X bedliner done today, and painted the screws black for the front license plate.
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Road surface

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Update: the only ditch I went in so far I willingly drove into.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yelled at it because the seat cover started tearing...

• Haha
Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
This was a week ago but I took it to pick up a bike. 95 xr600. Nearly a 300 lb bike. 18.5 mpg on a 100 mile trip with 34” tires, stock gears, and trifecta tune. Can’t complain at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You gotta slow down on doing truck stuff with a 2WD. Making all the 4X4 owners look bad !

Reactions: RCuriel

·
Registered
931 Posts
What seat covers did/do you have ?
It's the regular Z71 trim coverings. It's not that bad but is kind of sad being I am careful with it. Also is in kind of a weird spot... I'm thinking my work pants may have played a factor but I have to check some things first...
Hand Textile Sleeve Gesture Grey

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
It's the regular Z71 trim coverings. It's not that bad but is kind of sad being I am careful with it. Also is in kind of a weird spot... I'm thinking my work pants may have played a factor but I have to check some things first...
View attachment 428338
Drat. That's unfortunate. Mine started cracking in the usual spot (the plastic trim piece by the back adjustment handle). I think I was also close to tearing in a similar spot as you, but center console side (looks like yours is the outboard side) from my sidearm.

I put neoprene seat covers on when I noticed the cracking and they're really awesome. They add another 3/8" of foam comfort and protection to the seat, are basically indestructible and easy to clean. I purchased from CoverKing but just as easily would have went WetOkole if CoverKing hadn't had a % off sale going on. Have had them on for over a year now and no issues. Don't see any issues in the future, either. I recently deleted my backseat and will be converting my backseats into a garage couch with extruded aluminum. Seat covers staying on ! haha.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Car seat cover

·
Registered
931 Posts
Drat. That's unfortunate. Mine started cracking in the usual spot (the plastic trim piece by the back adjustment handle). I think I was also close to tearing in a similar spot as you, but center console side (looks like yours is the outboard side) from my sidearm.

I put neoprene seat covers on when I noticed the cracking and they're really awesome. They add another 3/8" of foam comfort and protection to the seat, are basically indestructible and easy to clean. I purchased from CoverKing but just as easily would have went WetOkole if CoverKing hadn't had a % off sale going on. Have had them on for over a year now and no issues. Don't see any issues in the future, either. I recently deleted my backseat and will be converting my backseats into a garage couch with extruded aluminum. Seat covers staying on ! haha.

View attachment 428341
Those are really nice as far as covers go. I still hate seat covers. Can't explain why lol.

I was expecting a tear in the usual spot but I believe the cushion or trim was revised for 2019-up trucks? (or at least my fat ass crushed mine enough to look different) I investigated further and it appears the vinyl coating is failing/peeling/cracking rather than the material tearing. Sad because I do take car getting in and out. It is actually present on the majority of the vinyl portion. Otherwise is fine...

Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Registered
2021 Chevy ZR2 ECLB, Blue-the best color
257 Posts
i went offroading and of course forgot my camera. 2 zr2's 1 stock wrangler with the willys package and a gen 5 4runner with a 2" lift and decent tires. it was a fun day with the hairiest climb in the truck so far. lots of loose crumbling rock at the top and a ledge to go over as well. it was a committed thing once up to the hard part. only me and the jeep went down and had to go back up. i made it with the wildpeak at3w's with lots of spinning the rock out from under the tires. once it caught traction it pulled right up which was amazing. the jeep had no chance and had to be winched up the last 100 +/- feet. very tippy for the short wb and only lsd i9n the rear. he almost tipped over forwards on the way down and backwards on the way up. pretty gnarly for the guy's first time out. now he's hooked and talking about modding it.

·
Registered
2022 Colorado Z71 4WD Crew Cab
10 Posts
I installed the OEM Off-Road Steps. Instructions said one hour. Took me an hour and a half, but it was hot and I took my time.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
We didn't die coming back.

Reactions: Y E T I

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,285 Posts
Quick last minute weekend trip. Camped just north of Alabama Hills (Lone Pine) Friday night, little hike/fish at Heart Lake up past Rock Creek Lake outside of Bishop, hung out near the Owens River, camped near the Fish Slough petroglyphs, went and explored the road up to South Lake, then ended up chilling at a day use spot just down the road, and now I'm back in warm Las Vegas.

Sky Mountain Plant Plant community Cloud

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape Bedrock

Plant community Plant Sky Natural landscape Larch

Sky Plant Plant community Mountain Natural landscape

Water Sky Water resources Plant Natural landscape

Water Sky Water resources Mountain Plant

Sky Cloud Mountain Ecoregion Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Tire Plant Wheel

Water Dog Plant Sky Carnivore

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
245 Posts
Finally got around to swapping the snow tires out for the summer gear. I've been busy and it's been a cool spring, sue me. 😆

I also put in the Gen5Diy fog light harness, DRL harness, and diode dynamics leds. I'm very happy with the high beam operation, it's insane, but less than happy with the lows. I'm fairly certain the headlights are way out of adjustment, though, as the pattern looks duplicated. I'll adjust them when I can and see how that works. If I'm still unhappy with it, I'll have to figure something else out. Maybe HIDs on the lows?

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
305 Posts
Had a flat repaired. Picked up a 2" piece of metal. Luckily it started going down in front of my house, but in the rain!

• Sad
Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Sat at the post office and watched an out-of-nowhere lumpy idle become some way out of balance injector rates +7-8. No codes, per the iDash.

Got in gear, put it on the highway and ran it to the next exit. At home, less than a mile or so, the balance rates at idle in Park were in spec again, and no lump. Weird.

24601 - 24620 of 24641 Posts