Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
24581 - 24600 of 24641 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Went with my Colorado to pick up:
View attachment 428110

Came home did the Tire Rotation, Oil & Filter Change. First time I ever saw an Oil Filter look like this:
View attachment 428111
View attachment 428112

Then did my look underneath the truck. And found teh Driver Side Axle Seal leaking again. Front Differential completely full (checked that)
View attachment 428113
Did you look in the filter housing for the plastic piece the filter slides onto? They sometimes come off and get discarded with the old filter.

·
Registered
8,744 Posts
Went with my Colorado to pick up:
View attachment 428110

Came home did the Tire Rotation, Oil & Filter Change. First time I ever saw an Oil Filter look like this:
When I moved to NC I walked in to buy that brand of oil, the guy behind the counter said up until that year there was a 1/2 inch of dust on those containers. I had heard before, Win on Sunday Sale on Monday, But the driver of the Quaker State car was despised but a lot of fans, so there it sat.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,797 Posts
Did you look in the filter housing for the plastic piece the filter slides onto? They sometimes come off and get discarded with the old filter.
I looked at it when I went to replace the oil filter. It looked normal to me.
The plastic piece was in place.

Reactions: Tom S.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
931 Posts
Ordered tierods because it's getting really really bad now...

·
Registered
‘15 Canyon SLT 4x4 CCLB w/ 275/65r18 Kenda Klever R/Ts on 18x9 +12, and a Eibach Pro/Peak 2.7” lift
18 Posts
A few days late, but a whole list of stuff done.
Installed front and mid ZR2 skids.
Finally received and installed the 21” XTR1 rack from Xtrusion verland.
Added a Guana Equipment Morpho 270 awning, HF Apache 9800 case for recovery gear, and some custom mounts for the traction boards.
Replaced my very shaky diy ditch light brackets with some much beefier ones from Cali Raised.
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Everytime I detail my truck by hand I tell myself this is the last time.....4yrs later and I'm still doing it by hand, haha. That looks like a nice polisher though. might have to look into them.

I just detailed (clay/polish/wax) my truck yestreday so of course it's going to rain today...But I can't wait to watch the water bead off the paint and the rain/dirt will hide all the pinstriping, rock chips, and all other damage my truck has sustained through the years.
It's kind of like changing your oil... you know it's not the last time you're going to have to do it but it checks the box for awhile.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Colorado Z71 4WD Crew Cab
10 Posts
I picked up my Colorado from the shop after getting my factory wheels powder coated gloss black. Although I thought they looked OK with the chrome lugs, I had ordered and decided to add some black ColorLugs to cover up them up. Next up...Line-X bedliner on Friday, and side-steps this weekend.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
How much did that put ya back?
It was $700 for all the wheels, that included them taking the tires off and remounting and balancing. There's cheaper out there if you do the labor yourself. The ColorLugs (needed 24) were about $25 with shipping for 25 covers.

·
Registered
'17 Canyon All Terrain 3.6L CCSB
103 Posts
I put in the ZR2 front and mid skid plates (the OEM All Terrain “plates” were lacking). I also put in the Soler Performance TB. I’ll need to report back after the 150-200 mile “relearn” period.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2018 W/T 4wd silver ice 285/65/18’s zone 5.5” lift
84 Posts
I put in the ZR2 front and mid skid plates (the OEM All Terrain “plates” were lacking). I also put in the Soler Performance TB. I’ll need to report back after the 150-200 mile “relearn” period. View attachment 428216
View attachment 428217
I have the soler throttle body and it makes a huge difference in response and seat of the pants feel of more power. I lost a couple miles per gallon but I think it’s worth it

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Early day today. Did a long overdue oil change and got a family photo. Got a screaming deal on someone's Amsoil supply ($80 for 2 filters and 12qts of their signature series synthetic), so I went with that.

N
Early day today. Did a long overdue oil change and got a family photo. Got a screaming deal on someone's Amsoil supply ($80 for 2 filters and 12qts of their signature series synthetic), so I went with that.

View attachment 428214
How do you like the RS3?
Perceptible power loss on the hotter NV days?

I was considering it in 2017, then found out about the ZR2. Having one of each is on a plane of ‘as good as it gets’ IMO.

As a gift my wife bought me track time with Dream Racing, at the Vegas track, back in’17. Drove the R8 Plus - the responsiveness was incredible.

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,285 Posts
How do you like the RS3?
Perceptible power loss on the hotter NV days?

I was considering it in 2017, then found out about the ZR2. Having one of each is on a plane of ‘as good as it gets’ IMO.

As a gift my wife bought me track time with Dream Racing, at the Vegas track, back in’17. Drove the R8 Plus - the responsiveness was incredible.
I've only had it for about 2.5 weeks. Cool little car. Everything is so tight and responsive. Definitely some turbo lag from low RPM, but still a very strong motor while cruising. I cant really comment on how heat affects it. But, I am preparing... I already have a CTS Turbo Intercooler, 4" turbo inlet and 4" intake sitting in the living room, waiting to be installed. Those should help keep her a little cooler during those brutal months coming up. I have a P3 V3 gauge coming, so I can do a before/after IAT comparison with the intercooler, so that is pretty exciting. I'll probably add a tune sometime this summer and call it a day for a while.

I do agree though, having one of each is great. Street driving a 6000# boat is not exactly thrilling. 😂

24581 - 24600 of 24641 Posts