Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
24561 - 24580 of 24641 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
You'll have to post back whether the m18 is worth it and how does the weight / balance compare to a corded polisher!
Cordless products from about the last 5 years are generally great, provided you have a spare battery or two and keep them charged. I went the DeWalt route and love all there stuff with the possible exception of their die grinder, which could be better. The Milwaukee brand is equally sterling in their reputation for well designed and well made products so I'm sure he'll like the buffer.

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
150 Posts
Cordless products from about the last 5 years are generally great, provided you have a spare battery or two and keep them charged. I went the DeWalt route and love all there stuff with the possible exception of their die grinder, which could be better. The Milwaukee brand is equally sterling in their reputation for well designed and well made products so I'm sure he'll like the buffer.
First buffer I've owned but this is also their first DA buffer. Uncharted territory but I'm excited to see what I can do to my truck. (Burns a hole through paint on first try) 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Tom S. and Y E T I

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
931 Posts
First buffer I've owned but this is also their first DA buffer. Uncharted territory but I'm excited to see what I can do to my truck. (Burns a hole through paint on first try) 🤣🤣🤣
I took a fixed speed rotary with a wool pad and compound more aggressive than any sane human should ever use to my truck... You'd have to try to burn a hole through with a DA, foam pad and most automotive compounds. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Abe17ZR2

·
Registered
931 Posts
Gave it a bath... I mean... drove it through about a foot and a half of standing water.

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
150 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,285 Posts
That looks very high-tech, must be expensive lol
Here was the release email sent out to waitlist folks. Description, options and price included. ZR2zone.com-ADS official release email

Nice looking unit! Does the hose dip under the upper control arm and go back up through it? Any chance of the two contacting and rubbing each other?

Depends on how you order them built. I;m guessing around $1K each.
The hose goes down and around the "back" of the UCA. No rubbing. Plenty of clearance around it.

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
150 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
150 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Meanwhile I'm over here just adding 20 dollar lights 😂

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
150 Posts
Sure, the price is high for what it is, but sometimes you just gotta sell your feet pics and bath water. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hair Forehead Nose Face Skin

·
Registered
109 Posts
View attachment 427956
What i'm gonna be doing to it this weekend 😁

Everytime I detail my truck by hand I tell myself this is the last time.....4yrs later and I'm still doing it by hand, haha. That looks like a nice polisher though. might have to look into them.

I just detailed (clay/polish/wax) my truck yestreday so of course it's going to rain today...But I can't wait to watch the water bead off the paint and the rain/dirt will hide all the pinstriping, rock chips, and all other damage my truck has sustained through the years.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,285 Posts
Looks like it's about running out of travel. Otherwise solid.
I was not "running out of travel", I was just using all of it. That's what high end suspension is made to do. That's actually what all suspension is made to do.

FWIW, these ADS coilovers are stock length whereas my Kings were extended travel. The valving and spring setup is that much better to where I did not notice I was missing 1.5" of droop. I ran just as hard as I would have with the Kings.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I was not "running out of travel", I was just using all of it. That's what high end suspension is made to do. That's actually what all suspension is made to do.

FWIW, these ADS coilovers are stock length whereas my Kings were extended travel. The valving and spring setup is that much better to where I did not notice I was missing 1.5" of droop. I ran just as hard as I would have with the Kings.
I didn't mean it as dig. It's impressive dude. Sorry if it came off that way.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,797 Posts
Went with my Colorado to pick up:
Liquid Fluid Packaging and labeling Automotive care Bottle

Came home did the Tire Rotation, Oil & Filter Change. First time I ever saw an Oil Filter look like this:
Wood Curtain Camera lens Hardwood Room

Wood Font Cylinder Metal Office supplies

Then did my look underneath the truck. And found teh Driver Side Axle Seal leaking again. Front Differential completely full (checked that)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Engineering

24561 - 24580 of 24641 Posts