Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
23701 - 23720 of 23759 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
579 Posts
I'm on a roll this week. AVS AeroSkin II is on. Covered 5 of the 6 paint chips so I trust the design enough that it will protect. Now I'm on to the rear mudflaps and tomorrow my Magnaflow Overland exhaust should be here so I'll do that Saturday while it's snowing.

Edit:
And done with the rear flaps. Hopefully this keeps ice off my handles and fuel door now. At least the constant sling of slush becoming ice.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
if i's not dirty, you're not using it right!
I bet some of that is still from Colorado back in May

Reactions: JayH

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm on a roll this week. AVS AeroSkin II is on. Covered 5 of the 6 paint chips so I trust the design enough that it will protect. Now I'm on to the rear mudflaps and tomorrow my Magnaflow Overland exhaust should be here so I'll do that Saturday while it's snowing.

Edit:
And done with the rear flaps. Hopefully this keeps ice off my handles and fuel door now. At least the constant sling of slush becoming ice.

Looks great! I'm anxious to see how the hood deflector works out for you. I might have to look at one. What brand mud flaps are those? Do you have them up front too?

Reactions: BlueLaser17

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks great! I'm anxious to see how the hood deflector works out for you. I might have to look at one. What brand mud flaps are those? Do you have them up front too?
So far so good on the hood protector. The mud flaps are universal mount. They are Husky Liners Long John Flare Flaps - 12"x48". Part number 17050

They take some time to setup but you can set them to whatever height you want for more or less protection on the sides and steps. Also very flexible for offroading. Worst I can imagine is getting flexed into the rear of the tire and being pulled up but even then I don't see any hardware coming out since they are so flexible. I'm loving them so far and tomorrow they will get a workout in some snow to see how well they cover.
PS: I'm running LT265/70R17E Duratracs and they still clear.

·
Registered
‘17 Colorado 4WD WT CCSB
292 Posts
Now that hunting season is over and my off-roading is mostly over for a while, my ‘17 CCSB got her yearly pressure washing of the undersides. I drop the spare tire as part of this to get more access to some of the areas. Air pressure was down to 28 psi.

Friendly reminder to everyone: check the pressure in your spare! When was the last time you checked?🤔

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
666 Posts

Edit:

Let us know how that deflector works out, I did the factory no drill smoked one and it seems during bug season it simply directs the flow directly to your line of sight instead of all over the windshield. :LOL: Helps with counting the bodies I guess.

Has saved several chips on the nose though. Orientation seems about the same just bracket vs flush. Looks good.

Reactions: BlueLaser17

·
Registered
275 Posts
I put on the rokblokz mudflaps. I will say i am 100% not a fan of how the clip on to the body panels around the edge of the wheel well. I guess well see how they hold up. Also got my tow mirrors but wont install them until after the storm

·
Registered
521 Posts
So, after seeing Mad German's post, I believe, about the rear stake pocket covers, I decided I liked it and ordered myself a cheap ass set off amazon. $16 bucks Canadian I think. After thinking about it a bit, I thought about my fat ass getting in the back of my truck with no hand hold. It doesn't seem that there is anything out there that would do both jobs so I took it upon myself to see if I could screw it up. I had a not so "universal" set of stake pocket anchor points kicking around and started my mods. I think it looks pretty good. Strong enough to get my ass up into the truck and still looks pretty clean. The only real problem I had was with the cheap set of covers off amazon. They were REALLY tight in the stake pocket. Impossible to push in there even with all my weight. I saw an install video about a more expensive set from the U.S. and they seemed to go in much easier. Pretty sure if I used brute force, (hammer), they would have broken. A few minutes with the dremel and managed to squeeze them in. I don't think I would use them for any heavy anchor point but they are in there pretty good. Now I'm just waiting for the line ups at the car wash to go down.
White Rectangle Font Gadget Eyewear
Gas Electric blue Auto part Engineering Machine
Product Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Guitar accessory
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
352 Posts
Been quite the process with getting parts and what not, but finally had them all mounted balanced and installed just this afternoon. Don't mind the dirty truck, it can't decide if it wants to be -40 or 0 here lately

Wheel Tire Car Snow Vehicle

·
Registered
579 Posts
I went and had some fun in the field out back this morning. About 2" of wet snow. 2wd with rear locked for added smiles.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went and had some fun in the field out back this morning. About 2" of wet snow. 2wd with rear locked for added smiles.

Looks like lots of fun! Maybe I’ll try that today in my neighbor’s yard, haha! (Kidding of course.)

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
352 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
352 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Today I loaded up the Boatmobile (That's right, I'm Boatman) and called a paddling buddy at the last moment.
He drives one of those F-things and paddles a canoe but we're non-denominational so we invited him anyway.

It was a great day. Launch from the beach meant cold feet but they warm up after pulling them into a foam core glass boat. Buddy wore tall rubber boots but he drives an F-thing so what's he know?

I always carry binos in the truck but didn't take them with me because Chuck. That left me with a phone camera zoomed in 10x in a wiggly boat. There were plenty we identified but what is this?

I'm thinkin' I might start packing a change of socks and dry shoes for these trips.
Feeling is coming back. I'm sure it's ok...

23701 - 23720 of 23759 Posts