Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
23681 - 23700 of 23759 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
352 Posts
Looks like I have a weekend appointment to book after today's delivery
Road surface Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Font

·
Registered
2021 ZR2 Bison
153 Posts
Here's an album with a few closeups of the cut lines, pinch weld cut and seal and the double trim in the back. I started with a small zip saw/mini recip saw, but it was a crappy HF tool and the blade was burning up and slow. It's a clean cut, so a good version of the tool would probably be the right choice. I ended up doing 90% with a grinder and cutoff wheel. It certainly works and it's fast, but you have to be sure of yourself and work quick, so you don't burn up the paint.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Man that does look great, nice handy work
What kind of seam seal did you use? Almost looks like a pre-fab wrap, good look to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Man that does look great, nice handy work
What kind of seam seal did you use? Almost looks like a pre-fab wrap, good look to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. On the pinch weld, it's whatever seam sealer Advanced Auto had. Looked at the tube and it's Dynatron 550 gray. Easy to use and work before hardening. Once painted black, it disappears in there.

The back is just edge trim. The trim on the outer skin has a weather strip on the side that I tucked between the two panels. The inside is just normal trim. It was an experiment, but it holds the outer skin nice and tight and has held up really well. On the driver side rear under full flex somewhere, I managed to buzz the edge trim with the tire, but of course I can just cut the fender back another half inch and reapply that trim for $10.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,179 Posts
Well between yesterday and today replaced the factory lug nits with the Dorman Lug Nuts, had a new set of Continental TerrainContact A/T tires mounted and a wheel alignment.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rectangle Bumper

Dorman Products - 611-236.1

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Blue
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Reactions: BlueLaser17

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
579 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Yah that's a complete lie now. Really should update that a bit but then I have to think about all the little stuff I've done while I have more important things to do like install more stuff

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Or you could just take the top dot off of the : and make it a . and then update your build thread that's collecting dust, despite our interest

haha.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Or you could just take the top dot off of the : and make it a . and then update your build thread that's collecting dust, despite our interest

haha.
I like your style. Now do I use whiteout or an eraser to remove the top dot?

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
I like your style. Now do I use whiteout or an eraser to remove the top dot?

I'd go straight to acetone personally. I try and stay away from MEK if possible.

On a related note, I am super interested in your fold down tire carrier. How's that holding up ? Got any designs/pictures for it ? Wanna make another ? <-- haha

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'd go straight to acetone personally. I try and stay away from MEK if possible.

On a related note, I am super interested in your fold down tire carrier. How's that holding up ? Got any designs/pictures for it ? Wanna make another ?
I'm on revision 2 right now. Moved the plate back to the bumper, cut the main shaft down and double loaded the pivot with two springs. Working on designs for a modular version with shackle and receiver support. Goal is to have a 1/3 reduction of hitch maximum load so about 5k lb which just so happens to be the safe load limit of a ZR2. I will update my build thread soon. Got Husky long John 48"x12" mud flaps going on this week as well as the AVS AeroSkin II, S&B intake, and magnaflow exhaust when it arrives either this week or next. Oh and I have a 9hr/day, 6 day per week labor intensive job so I work around that.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
852 Posts
Where do you get things like that? Can you see over all that stuff?
You can see over it easily (I have one too). In my build thread I took a picture from my eye level. All of the equipment falls within the line of sight of the hood, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Temp was 7 this morning when I went to work, 42 when I got back home, so I took advantage of the warm weather to change the oil, air filter and cabin filter. I even removed the air box and hosed it out. It was pretty dirty after 30k miles.

Reactions: 93Duc and gherbert

·
Registered
579 Posts
Got the front set of 12x48 Husky Long John mud flaps installed. Final hardware will go in tomorrow. And then do the rear as well which will be quite easy compared to the fronts. More fun to come with even more parts later on. Probably going to heatgun some more spots on these to even out to the factory flares since I just found out the flares have a slight angle to them instead of parallel to the ground.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ok I should have been asleep but you know how it is when you have new toys....S&B CAI kit installed. Guess it's time to take her for a spin. Also yes, I am aware it's dirty under my hood. It's dirty all over my truck

Looking at that picture on the forum really does show how dirty it is under there. Oh well. Makes it more noticeable what all is included in the S&B Kit!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ok I should have been asleep but you know how it is when you have new toys....S&B CAI kit installed. Guess it's time to take her for a spin. Also yes, I am aware it's dirty under my hood. It's dirty all over my truck

Looking at that picture on the forum really does show how dirty it is under there. Oh well. Makes it more noticeable what all is included in the S&B Kit!

if i's not dirty, you're not using it right!

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,179 Posts

Yes it dirty but it will clean up easily

23681 - 23700 of 23759 Posts