Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
23321 - 23340 of 23455 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
Ultrasound this morning for our second little on the way. 👏 Then went out to find a nice Grove for when we go to cut down some Christmas trees for my house and my folks. Did a little plinking and light wheeling. Such a nice afternoon to get out...
Congrats on the soon to be new addition!

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
Took my truck bow hunting for the last 2 weeks, truck did fine, did not see anything over 150 inches though..

Reactions: Y E T I

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
Wouldn't recommend it in these temps, that's how I get activated on SAR missions. Top left is ambient.

A three dog night? Youngsters probably won't get the reference. In days of old, a cold night was referenced to as a two dog night, meaning you added a second dog to your bed for warmth. An especially cold night was thus, a three dog night. Then some Canadian singers used it for the name of their band...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
A three dog night? Youngsters probably won't get the reference. In days of old, a cold night was referenced to as a two dog night, meaning you added a second dog to your bed for warmth. An especially cold night was thus, a three dog night. Then some Canadian singers used it for the name of their band...
Great band, "It ain't easy" was my favorite LP.

Reactions: jsvz71

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6 V6 Ext. Bed
267 Posts
American group, not Canadian: Three Dog Night - Wikipedia

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Saw Three dog night live, kinda foggy memory. Warm up band for Jethro Tull?

·
Registered
2015 LT SBCC 4x4
214 Posts
Funny story I guess - was in Catholic summer camp run by brothers and priests in July-August '71. One of my cabin buddies just got the new 3 Dog Night album and we were allowed to listen to it during our 'free activity' hour. Then one day in cafeteria as lunch was finishing, one of the priests came out from kitchen area in civvies with a guitar and started playing and singing "Joy to the World"! Guess he thought we would think he was cool or something.

Anyway he was the same one who ran the .22 rifle range where I got my first Expert badge. Of course, he had this real nice Winchester Model 88 .308 that he would shoot sometimes but wouldn't let anyone else use it.

Reactions: Y E T I

·
Registered
2016 Colorado Z71 SB
25 Posts
Had a 24 inch light bar laying around with a harness so I decided to wire it up and put it on the truck. It is currently being held to the fins by zip ties and will most likely stay that way (David Freiburger special). I’m going to tighten and add more ties tonight to align and strengthen the light bar. Also thinking of adding sticky foam to the bar to not scratch the paint. I ran the wiring through the fender to cab, currently worried about pinching might wire it through the firewall if I like how this project turns out.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2015 LT SBCC 4x4
214 Posts
Well this week finally got the Mallett S/C installed - woohoo!!! Pics are in the Mallett thread and many thanks to Robert and Josh at It's About Time in Smithsburg, MD. Also got a new set of tires yesterday to go with it - Michelin Defenders 255/65 R17.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Reactions: hoooogan

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
501 Posts
Well I started my revised sliders today. Instead of cutting the brackets off and swapping the tubes from side to side I cut out the center plates and put them on the other side and notched 45° out of the brackets to drop them down level on the top of the tubes to use as a step this winter. So ok level ground the main tube is still 1/2" lower than the outer tube.
Later on I am going to pick up some thin flat stock and make runners that go along the brackets and conceal the pinch weld. The rest of today is primer, paint, and maybe install tomorrow if things dry in time. Went with a flat black Rust-Oleum High Performance.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
501 Posts
Interested in pics of your final progress of the ZR2 sliders... So are they aluminum, stainless, or just steel? Mine are off right now, but I kinda miss them...
These are the original units. If all works out well with them this winter I will have them blasted and powder coated in spring.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

23321 - 23340 of 23455 Posts