Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
23081 - 23100 of 23142 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ZR2 Bison, Sand Dune Metallic Event Code 4300
75 Posts
View attachment 416979 View attachment 416978
Washed my truck while the lady & the kid put up halloween decorations. They needed me to go up on the roof so I got a cool perspective, thinking about a black roof maybe.🤔
tape
Washed my truck while the lady & the kid put up halloween decorations. They needed me to go up on the roof so I got a cool perspective, thinking about a black roof maybe.🤔
Tape it off and Plasti dip it to see what it looks like. Don't like it, peel it off!

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
404 Posts
Washed my truck while the lady & the kid put up halloween decorations. They needed me to go up on the roof so I got a cool perspective, thinking about a black roof maybe.
I used to enjoy that view of my old squarebody with it's nearly gone paint and surface rust going on

I would just get upset with having the roof painted a different color. Touchup would have to be done too often in my book as both offroading trips I have done ended with tree limbs brushing the rook and leaving scratches in the clear. I'm with the plastidip trial thing and see how you like it or do a vinyl wrap on the roof in the carbon fiber mentioned, if that's your thing, or basic black. I just know I would have more of a headache with colors coming through, if I did either, on some trails. I keep mine clean but scratches from doing what it's intended to do with the paint that came on it is fine in my book. So long as I have fun and my OCD isn't being tested.

Sit, Ubu, sit.

Reactions: buddahmike

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't know why it's taken me this long to realize I have a different style my truck can go morph into.

I had the spare tire carrier I built on before I got the Softopper and pulled it because I was moving stuff and never put it back on. And then I got the Softopper and never thought to put the carrier on with it. Here's some irony of the carrier. I gained on average 1.7mpg with my tire there. I think it acts as a vacuum breaker being just over the tailgate. Took it off and back to the normal. Then put the topper on and lost 1.4mpg on average. So now to do 6 tanks and do the math on the combo and see if I come close to breaking even with stock

Sit, Ubu, sit.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Replaced all four tail lights with LEDs. All but one running light had burned out. Brakes, turn signals we’re still working. We’ll see how they hold up. I ordered error free bulbs from Amazon and had no hyper flashing. I also replace the intercooler tube after hearing reports of them cracking. I didn’t see any cracks but had oil on the outside of the tube. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Looks good, any rubbing issues in the front? would you be able to get a picture at full lock on the front wheels? I run mudflaps and need new tires. I can get wildpeaks in a 265/70/17 a bit cheaper then a 255/70/17 so may size up but don't want to run into fit issues and am not lifted for the time being.

I've read through the entirety of all the suspension threads on here and still just looking for a 1st hand account on an unlifted truck with more aggressive tires.

Thanks for the help and feedback
This is why I put runnig boards on, cause the mudflaps would not fit with my tires, well that and the wife getting in and out of the truck

Reactions: BlueLaser17

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Thought about putting the new steering rack in, then got the call about a taco party. Just got back and tacos were awesome as usual.

If anyone is looking for bomb taco meat, Cuevas meat market in Henderson, NV has awesome stuff. The winner is the pre-diced carne asada and pollo al pastor. Don't need to grill a big ass piece of meat. Just flat top or pan fry that bitch and you're good to go! And it's already diced for tacos! They even have marinated beef ribs and the guac they sell.....so good, you wanna slap yo mama.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thought about putting the new steering rack in, then got the call about a taco party. Just got back and tacos were awesome as usual.

If anyone is looking for bomb taco meat, Cuevas meat market in Henderson, NV has awesome stuff. The winner is the pre-diced carne asada and pollo al pastor. Don't need to grill a big ass piece of meat. Just flat top or pan fry that bitch and you're good to go! And it's already diced for tacos! They even have marinated beef ribs and the guac they sell.....so good, you wanna slap yo mama.
Just after 1am central time and you have won the internet for today. Congrats. Tacos always win unless they are being driven.

Sit, Ubu, sit.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Just after 1am central time and you have won the internet for today. Congrats. Tacos always win unless they are being driven.

Sit, Ubu, sit.
No lie, I miss my '08 Taco. It was lifted on 33's and supercharged with a full exhaust and had this very unique exhaust note. Also helped that she took down some healthy opponents on the streets of "Mexico". The best was a Harley Davidson cruiser bike. Guy thought he was hot sh!t blasting music and revving, pulling into the bike lane to jump traffic, only to be gapped by a Tacoma hauling three bikes to 90mph. 🤣 She was about a mid 13 sec truck, as she sat. Lots of tacos made and eaten in her too. 😂

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon AT4
747 Posts

Cartoon Gesture Art Clock Happy

• Haha
Reactions: hoooogan

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,484 Posts
If you make your way out to WV I’ll trade you for some of the beef I just butchered. It’s typically pretty good.
Shelf Wood Cuisine Shelving Gas

·
Registered
404 Posts
Here’s a wrecked 20 for 20k lol.
2020 chev colorado
2020 chev colorado - auto parts - by owner
Yes I would like to spend 20k on a not ready to drive Colorado. And then spend another 5k to finish it. All while knowing that it will never be right and has a salvage title belonging to it.

Yah I'm thinking probably not on that one.

Sit, Ubu, sit.

Reactions: MrCamo

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Yes I would like to spend 20k on a not ready to drive Colorado. And then spend another 5k to finish it. All while knowing that it will never be right and has a salvage title belonging to it.

Yah I'm thinking probably not on that one.

Sit, Ubu, sit.
Id argue salvage titles can be made 'right'. But knowing there was frame damage... meh.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘17 Colorado 4WD WT CCSB
277 Posts
Hunting season starts next weekend here in southeastern NC. So took the Wrangler highway tires off and pit the Grabber AT2 tires back on. We are supposed to get a bunch of rain today and tomorrow so will likely have the chance to pound through the mud next Saturday.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
556 Posts
Id argue salvage titles can be made 'right'. But knowing there was frame damage... meh.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Dad's favorite truck went on a frame bender to fix it... slid sideways on ice through a couple columns on a house. Again, more effort now than it's probably worth though. In the early 90s... wasn't much of an issue. Was kind of funny hearing how before it was fixed it could turn a tight radius right and take 4 lanes to make a left though. Things still out there too.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado WT v6 2wd, 1”level
233 Posts
Going to lift up front end and tighten front end suspension. Keep getting an annoying pop when turning after putting a 1” lift in the front. Can’t figure out where it’s exactly coming from but started after that modification.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Going to lift up front end and tighten front end suspension. Keep getting an annoying pop when turning after putting a 1” lift in the front. Can’t figure out where it’s exactly coming from but started after that modification.
what lift? did you remove the coil springs, if so, are they oreintated correctly on the blocks.
I would not lift the front end, i would tighten everything with a normal load on it.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado WT v6 2wd, 1”level
233 Posts
what lift? did you remove the coil springs, if so, are they oreintated correctly on the blocks.
I would not lift the front end, i would tighten everything with a normal load on it.
Zone 1.25 lift was installed a while back. Everything went in the way it came off. Tried tightening with and without a load already but still getting a pop when going over bumps. Thought at first the top of strut wasn’t tight but it was. Will try and tighten today and test and if not tomorrow remove and reinstall invade i missed something.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
556 Posts
Put seat heat in the second row.

23081 - 23100 of 23142 Posts