Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21381 - 21400 of 21441 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
washed my truck and found that my passenger side door handle end caps are de-laminating (bubbling clearcoat).:(

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the same. Do really well out in the trails near me in AZ.
very good grip and low road noise. Ride well at 37-39 psi warm on the highway.
Also really soft off road at 20 front 21 rear.
Good to know!
So far I've only been on the highway and booting around town. Pleasantly surprised at how quiet they are.

Very good road feel as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
105 Posts
Installed front leveling spacers. Truck sits level now. 2 inch spacers did the trick.
Also inspected the wire harness running along the AC line. Yup, mine was rubbing against it. No chaffing though. Added a rubber hose around the AC line and tie wraps. I figured by 2019 GM had this problem solved. Everyone should check their truck regardless of model year.
Yellow circle is drivers side wheel well general area. Green line is harness, red is AC line and yellow line is point of contact.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nothing exciting, just finally replaced the original set of wipers.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had to replace mine last week, rubber was splitting already on both! Lil over a year old .
I just replaced mine also - they are still good, but at 2 years I decided to change them out. I went with OEM, price was good with Military discount and the originals have held up well. I’ll hang on to the old ones as spares under the back seat.

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
644 Posts
It must be that time, I'll be replacing my wiper blades this upcoming weekend. Apparently running them with muddy water on the windshield wears them out more quickly. They did last a year though.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Crazy. I also picked up replacement wipers Friday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I only changed my wipers once in 5.5 years. The replacement pair i put on in 2017 still not streaking :D

Reactions: Hunter62 and 93Duc

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,476 Posts
Well when I had my TransAm... It went form 2000 to 2017 when I sold it with the orginal factorywipers. Being garage kept and sold with 40,904 miles on her.

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Damn, y'all are lucky with the wipers. I run through 1-2 sets per year. Last year we broke 200 days without measurable rainfall and I still had to swap blades. Truck sees so much dirt and dust that it just eats up the wipers. I've used a bunch of different ones from cheap conventional frames to silicone beam blades and they all end in the same fate. I'm currently on Silicar brand Silicone beams from Amazon. They work fine... But how long? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I blow through probably 2-3 gallons of washer fluid a year, though... Speaking of which, I probably need to re-up that.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Damn, y'all are lucky with the wipers. I run through 1-2 sets per year. Last year we broke 200 days without measurable rainfall and I still had to swap blades. Truck sees so much dirt and dust that it just eats up the wipers. I've used a bunch of different ones from cheap conventional frames to silicone beam blades and they all end in the same fate. I'm currently on Silicar brand Silicone beams from Amazon. They work fine... But how long? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I blow through probably 2-3 gallons of washer fluid a year, though... Speaking of which, I probably need to re-up that.
Our desert running destroys wipers. I've been getting good life out of the PIAA ones. The set on my 4Runner survived a year here and a year in Colorado before finally giving up.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Canyon Ext. Cab 2WD, V6
305 Posts
For those of you that have to replace your wipers frequently you might want to think about a windshield ceramic coating. It repels the water so well that you hardly use the wipers. when the windshield gets dusty or dirty clean up is a snap. Lasts about a year.

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,288 Posts
Aimed my new auxiliary driving lights and completed the High/Low Beam mod.

I’m done modifying things for the time being. I’m looking forward to using my truck instead of laying under it.

86665CF6-D4AB-4121-BD2C-E03A891EEB01.jpeg

·
Registered
659 Posts
Aimed my new auxiliary driving lights and completed the High/Low Beam mod.

I’m done modifying things for the time being. I’m looking forward to using my truck instead of laying under it.

View attachment 409439
What are the devices on the floor? I take it they facilitate aiming/aligning your lights?

Looks great btw, like the look of the Gen1 front end with the lights on like that.

Reactions: WV NATIVE

·
Registered
644 Posts
What are the devices on the floor? I take it they facilitate aiming/aligning your lights?

Looks great btw, like the look of the Gen1 front end with the lights on like that.
I think those are reflections from the lights reflecting off his oily garage floor. :ROFLMAO:

21381 - 21400 of 21441 Posts