Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21021 - 21040 of 21267 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had to replace both rear calipers on my 2017 zr2. Both had cracked pistons. 90k miles. Kind of odd they both cracked but 100bucks and an hour later... All good.

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK then, here's the follow up on the AVE skid plates! I contacted AEV and explained my problem. I told the person I was speaking to that I lived 20 miles from their facility in Wixom, MI and asked if I could bring the truck in for them to inspect. He set it up and per scheduled appointment, I arrived this morning at 9am. About 20 minutes after taking the truck to the back of their building, a mechanic came out and said he had found the problem. When packaging my transmission plate assembly, they had put a diesel part in that was less than 1/8" from the cross over pipe. My receipt does varefy I bought the correct part, it was just a mixup in packaging. He drove to their warehouse, got the right part and I am now driving a rattle free truck!!! Props to AEV for quickly identifying the problem and fixing it! They join my fairly short list of manufacturers I would recommend without reservation.
I too am not very far from them (roughly 15 miles). Do they have a store where you can stop by to purchase items or can you only buy online?

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
389 Posts
Removed the spare heat shield and guide bracket, and drilled three new holes to relocate the heat shield 1.5" further to the passenger/exhaust side. I'm hoping this will be enough space to fit the 285/70 under there if/when I need to have it there. It's gonna be tight between the driver leaf spring and shock, the diff, and the heat shield but I think I can squeeze it. Hopefully removing the guide bracket doesn't cause much trouble and the tire seats up there nicely, maybe I'll need to fabricate something to replace it that works with the 33. GM really did not design that space for anything bigger than the stock 31s. I usually run the ZR2 spare carrier, but that's only good for day trips or when you don't have much gear. I need to reorient the spare in the bed for my trip and reclaim all the bed space.

Also, I did the @overpakd trim method on the front driver side wheel well. Going to try and get the passenger side done tomorrow. Really hated taking a grinder to my truck, but it all gets covered so whatever. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about the rear, doesn't look like there's a "light" trimming that you can do there like you can do in the front. Probably end up just going the AEV route eventually, I just don't wanna be leaving flares all over moab.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Curler20p

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
436 Posts
My truck has airbags in the B pillars. 2016 cclb. Nothing to indicate that there are any in the side of the seat. Maybe it’s just an extended cab thing because they don’t really have a solid B pillar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I too am not very far from them (roughly 15 miles). Do they have a store where you can stop by to purchase items or can you only buy online?
The facility I went to is geared towards total vehicles. I believe they try to drive sales through dealers. They did have some killer vehicles on display and in their parking lot. They are now offering Ram trucks outfitted similar to the Bison.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Removed the spare heat shield and guide bracket, and drilled three new holes to relocate the heat shield 1.5" further to the passenger/exhaust side. I'm hoping this will be enough space to fit the 285/70 under there if/when I need to have it there. It's gonna be tight between the driver leaf spring and shock, the diff, and the heat shield but I think I can squeeze it. Hopefully removing the guide bracket doesn't cause much trouble and the tire seats up there nicely, maybe I'll need to fabricate something to replace it that works with the 33. GM really did not design that space for anything bigger than the stock 31s. I usually run the ZR2 spare carrier, but that's only good for day trips or when you don't have much gear. I need to reorient the spare in the bed for my trip and reclaim all the bed space.

Also, I did the @overpakd trim method on the front driver side wheel well. Going to try and get the passenger side done tomorrow. Really hated taking a grinder to my truck, but it all gets covered so whatever. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about the rear, doesn't look like there's a "light" trimming that you can do there like you can do in the front. Probably end up just going the AEV route eventually, I just don't wanna be leaving flares all over moab.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Trim job looks good! For the rear, you shouldn't have to trim anything for 285/70r17. I'm on 0 offset wheels and didn't trim the rear. They completely stuff just fine. I do have BFGs which run a tad smaller than others, but without the wheel offset, any make would fit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Trim job looks good! For the rear, you shouldn't have to trim anything for 285/70r17. I'm on 0 offset wheels and didn't trim the rear. They completely stuff just fine. I do have BFGs which run a tad smaller than others, but without the wheel offset, any make would fit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
hey, your truck looks great. are those black COLORADO letters ZR2 specific, or did you add them. i like that much better than the fake silver ones.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
42 Posts
i just looked at a few videos of those E50 extinguisher. pretty slick, but they are a very low energy/reach extinguisher. it's almost as if the agent flows out of the stick with no discharge pressure. this requires you to be pretty much on top of the fire and forget about trying to use something like this in any type of windy conditions. these may have some good applications, but definitely not a do it all extinguisher.
I too ordered some of those once I found out on here about them. One for front cab, one under rear seat, one in bed under cover, and 2 in the garage/shop. Put one of the E100 in the garage with an E50 just incase 😁
Thanks to COVID supply limitations, it’s been slow going on my truck. But progress is being made. I’m tired of driving this rental Tacoma, want my baby back. 🥺
View attachment 407875 View attachment 407876 View attachment 407877 View attachment 407878 View attachment 407879
That's coming along quite nicely. My cousin is in autobody and he said the same thing. Parts taking forever. Plus insurance providers have raised the bar for totaling vehicles. Nearly to 100% value from the roughly 70% prior to covid.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My truck has airbags in the B pillars. 2016 cclb. Nothing to indicate that there are any in the side of the seat. Maybe it’s just an extended cab thing because they don’t really have a solid B pillar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the bottom of the seat back for this tag:

Reactions: 16WhiteColly
21021 - 21040 of 21267 Posts