Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21001 - 21020 of 21267 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My truck is super gross due to some wind/rain we've had in the last few days but I finally got my Method 703's in the mail and got them wrapped in my 265/70/17 Kenda's. I found out the Method MR310's were discotinued in 6x120 after I ordered so I had to switch which caused some delays but I'm so happy with how it worked out!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Took my truck and got a “mini” detail. Main reason was to get the upholstery steam cleaned. That light grey cloth was looking atrocious. Planning on giving it a scotch guard treatment in the next couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat covers, my dude. I just sold my 13 year old Tacoma that had Wet Okole seat covers on it, it's entire life. The designed inserts were pretty rough, so I took them off. Seats looked like they were brand new. It was crazy. Granted the truck didn't have a ton of miles (63k), but many dirty beach and offroading/camping trips. They were that light gray color cloth as well...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My truck is super gross due to some wind/rain we've had in the last few days but I finally got my Method 703's in the mail and got them wrapped in my 265/70/17 Kenda's. I found out the Method MR310's were discotinued in 6x120 after I ordered so I had to switch which caused some delays but I'm so happy when how it worked out!! View attachment 408236 View attachment 408237
That's the perpetual state my truck stays in. I come back from a trip looking like that, clean/wash then almost the next time I drive, it would go right back to that state. I've almost given up.

Truck looks good though. I run the same tires in 35x10.50 and absolutely love them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Figured out a mounting solution for my chinatraxx. They fit on the mid height rack and don't get in the way of the tent when it's open. They're a a bit smaller than real maxtraxx so they fit alright. If I break them or find that they suck and upgrade to real maxtraxx I'll have to figure something else out I guess.

Attachments

Reactions: PacificBlueDude

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
618 Posts
Seat covers, my dude. I just sold my 13 year old Tacoma that had Wet Okole seat covers on it, it's entire life. The designed inserts were pretty rough, so I took them off. Seats looked like they were brand new. It was crazy. Granted the truck didn't have a ton of miles (63k), but many dirty beach and offroading/camping trips. They were that light gray color cloth as well...
I've been seriously considering getting seat covers for my truck. Getting in the truck after hunting and surfing is pretty hard on the seats. How did you like the Wet Okle seat covers?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
OK then, here's the follow up on the AVE skid plates! I contacted AEV and explained my problem. I told the person I was speaking to that I lived 20 miles from their facility in Wixom, MI and asked if I could bring the truck in for them to inspect. He set it up and per scheduled appointment, I arrived this morning at 9am. About 20 minutes after taking the truck to the back of their building, a mechanic came out and said he had found the problem. When packaging my transmission plate assembly, they had put a diesel part in that was less than 1/8" from the cross over pipe. My receipt does varefy I bought the correct part, it was just a mixup in packaging. He drove to their warehouse, got the right part and I am now driving a rattle free truck!!! Props to AEV for quickly identifying the problem and fixing it! They join my fairly short list of manufacturers I would recommend without reservation.

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
1,279 Posts
OK then, here's the follow up on the AVE skid plates! I contacted AEV and explained my problem. I told the person I was speaking to that I lived 20 miles from their facility in Wixom, MI and asked if I could bring the truck in for them to inspect. He set it up and per scheduled appointment, I arrived this morning at 9am. About 20 minutes after taking the truck to the back of their building, a mechanic came out and said he had found the problem. When packaging my transmission plate assembly, they had put a diesel part in that was less than 1/8" from the cross over pipe. My receipt does varefy I bought the correct part, it was just a mixup in packaging. He drove to their warehouse, got the right part and I am now driving a rattle free truck!!! Props to AEV for quickly identifying the problem and fixing it! They join my fairly short list of manufacturers I would recommend without reservation.
Awesome!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've been seriously considering getting seat covers for my truck. Getting in the truck after hunting and surfing is pretty hard on the seats. How did you like the Wet Okle seat covers?
I love them. They fit right, they are comfortable and there are a ton of options. I have them in my ZR2 as well and absolutely love them. The neoprene adds a layer of softness as well, so the stiff leather ZR2 seats are much more comfortable. The waterproofness is a plus too! I can't recommend them enough.

And I'm pretty sure they have a military discount too!

Fun fact, Okole means butt. Wet Butt. 😂

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
436 Posts
Yup I’m definitely looking into neoprene covers now. I had some cheapy ones but they did next to nothing in terms of protection. I’m planning on giving my seats a scotch guard treatment as well.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
618 Posts
I love them. They fit right, they are comfortable and there are a ton of options. I have them in my ZR2 as well and absolutely love them. The neoprene adds a layer of softness as well, so the stiff leather ZR2 seats are much more comfortable. The waterproofness is a plus too! I can't recommend them enough.

And I'm pretty sure they have a military discount too!

Fun fact, Okole means butt. Wet Butt. 😂

I'm checking them out now, thanks!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Air Dam is finally gone!

·
Registered
'17 Canyon All Terrain 3.6L CCSB
80 Posts
Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
It happened, just to old to be computer literate to post.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Caltrend makes nice custom covers as well. also available in neoprene or their own neosupreme.

the nice part about our trucks is that the airbags are on the pillar, so they dont need to make the covers with the thinner breakaway material for seat mounted airbags.

View attachment 408275
My 2015 Canyon has the side air bags in the seat back, did they change it in later years, it's also a ex cab if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
436 Posts
Caltrend makes nice custom covers as well. also available in neoprene or their own neosupreme.

the nice part about our trucks is that the airbags are on the pillar, so they dont need to make the covers with the thinner breakaway material for seat mounted airbags.

View attachment 408275
What material are the ones you chose?

·
Registered
937 Posts
My 2015 Canyon has the side air bags in the seat back, did they change it in later years, it's also a ex cab if that makes a difference.
I could almost swear mine is in the pillar... but now I'll have to check (2015 Canyon Ex Cab as well)

21001 - 21020 of 21267 Posts