Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

20981 - 21000 of 21267 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
What do the katskins covers run? I dig them. Before filling out the quote and getting calls lol figured I’d ask.
It depends on what you want and what your truck has in it (WT vs Crew Cab, full bench in the back vs. arm rest, etc). They have them in several color combinations and in part leather/part syn like OEM all the way up to full leather everywhere. For my 2016 Crew cab I chose the plain black, part leather/syn backing one. The only thing I was asked for was the stitching color and I chose charcoal. I looked for them for a few months on eBay and got a set for a bit over $700. Had I gone to the Katzkin website it would have been $1000+. I see the price has gone up on eBay, they are going for about $825 including shipping. I had a local installer put them in for $400.

·
Registered
323 Posts
What do the katskins covers run? I dig them. Before filling out the quote and getting calls lol figured I’d ask.
The new Katzkin covers for my 2016 crew cab cost $700 off eBay (they normally go for about $900 off the website) and a local certified Katzkin installer put them in for $400. Shop around for the install if you are not able to do it yourself. I got two other quotes for $600!

Since I asked the same and he replied I'll save him the time.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm grinning ear to ear right now. Can't wait to get these on this weekend

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
The new Katzkin covers for my 2016 crew cab cost $700 off eBay (they normally go for about $900 off the website) and a local certified Katzkin installer put them in for $400. Shop around for the install if you are not able to do it yourself. I got two other quotes for $600!

Since I asked the same and he replied I'll save him the time.
I checked and updated the prices tonight. I guess inflation is rampant since the new administration came to power. ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the GM Performance cat-back exhaust on my '17 Canyon over the weekend. Love the sound combo with the GM Performance CAI! Minimal/non-existent drone at idle and highway speeds. Sounds great under acceleration. I listed the OEM muffler/exhaust for sale separately (local to Minneapolis, MN only....sorry).

I also picked up the GM 1" front level kit and was going to have that installed to complete my "GM Performance" build :). After reading on several sources that it should only take 2-3 hours to install, I was ok having the dealership do it as well, so it was covered by my extended service plan/warranty. While the exhaust was going in, I got a call that it was going to be an all-day job for the level kit and $750+ for labor. I know it's a more complicated level kit since it uses upper and lower spacers, but 6-8 hours to install? Can anybody with the GM 1" front level kit weigh in on their install experience?
I bought the GM level kit with points. Labor to install, plus front-end alignment was under $400.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm grinning ear to ear right now. Can't wait to get these on this weekend

wow, that's a pretty aggressive looking tread. i've had really poor results with Geolanders in the past, but that's ancient history at this point. please let us know how you like these, particularly with regard to daily driving, wet road grip and road noise. cheers, they look great.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
So it's gonna be 5678 vs. 589 in the Colorado aftermarket fabrication game... This could get confusing...

Jokes aside, awesome to hear and can't wait to see what you make

And boom. I'm hoooogan now. No confusion. 🙂

RIP 5678ta username. Been about two decades of use.

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
1,279 Posts
It is a Fishing Face Mask Neck Gaiter by real tree I bought at Academy Sports SPF 50

this is how I roll in my new hat, has the neck protector in back, picture from yesterday, it was hot here in Missouri
Excellent life jacket too! : )

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
1,279 Posts
Follow up on AEV transmission and transfer case skid plates:

The good: other than drilling 3 holes, which may not be necessary on vehicles made in late 2018 and later. Fit went excellent and as I stated in my earlier post I followed Yeti's suggestion to assemble them first before installing. These plates are extremely well made and it shows in their quality.

The not so good: Mine rattles. I tightened everything beyond what my impact wrench did - to the point that the two "J" bolts supplied with the kit now look like "L" bolts, but the rattle is still there. This may not be the skid plates though. After driving a bit, I noticed the rattle intensifies around 1500 -1800 rpm. Coincidentally (?) that happens between 37 - 41 mph, the same speed I noticed my trans mission shudder earlier in the vehicle life. The dealer did one of the earlier trans flushes and ended up replacing the torque convertor and I thought all was well, but now I wondering if it really was just subdued enough not to notice and adding these plates created much more rigidity in the frame and cross members to cause to problem to become noticeable again.

Now I'm left with a bit of a quandary. If I take it to the dealer, I know they are going to say words to the effect that they didn't install the skid plates, so they aren't going to look at it. An if I remove the plates, the vibration goes away so the dealer won't have anything to support my claim the vibration exists. I'm going to have think on this one for a while...
Bang on stuff underneath with a big rubber mallet. You'll find it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
wow, that's a pretty aggressive looking tread. i've had really poor results with Geolanders in the past, but that's ancient history at this point. please let us know how you like these, particularly with regard to daily driving, wet road grip and road noise. cheers, they look great.
Will do. I did a lot of research before buying these. Looked at budget MTs, (milestar patagonias) all the way up to my favorite tires, (toyo MT). These have fantastic reviews across the board. I chose them for that reason, the price, the weight (58lbs) is a bit less than other E rated MTs, and the fact that the tread looks damn close to the Toyo MT.

Apparently yokohama has designed them to be very very quiet on road using some computer system. They're only supposed to last 40k miles, and I believe that given how sticky and soft they feel. The compound is softer than a KO2 or a Toyo, but I kind of want that for the Moab slick rock anyway. I have a feeling they will be like glue once I air them down.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Same bulb, maybe the headlights design is better. It would allow you to see how every other midsize is now better even in the dark lol
I really don't hate the look of any trucks tbh. Just appreciate the differences. They are here to stay anyways. When I was a teenager and still now to an extent I could identify vehicles by their tail lights and headlights from a distance. Losing my touch being an adult and home at night. Man good ol days..

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
436 Posts
Took my truck and got a “mini” detail. Main reason was to get the upholstery steam cleaned. That light grey cloth was looking atrocious. Planning on giving it a scotch guard treatment in the next couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20981 - 21000 of 21267 Posts