Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

20201 - 20220 of 20298 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Z71 CCLB
27 Posts
How did you get them replaced - OE 2016 or aftermarket stuff?

My 2015 heated seats are also garbage and I would love to upgrade.
Aftermarket stuff...receipt says Katzskin parts but idk specs. You can call the shop I used. Ask for Joe. 631-956-7295. 2015 had crap elements. You'll be happy with the upgrade I had to turn mine from high to low within 3 minutes. And they're wired into my auto start so I can leave them on and they don't kill the battery.
two dealerships told me they won't replace with anything but 2015 parts which I didn't get..

·
Registered
2015 Z71 CCLB
18 Posts
Aftermarket stuff...receipt says Katzskin parts but idk specs. You can call the shop I used. Ask for Joe. 631-956-7295. 2015 had crap elements. You'll be happy with the upgrade I had to turn mine from high to low within 3 minutes. And they're wired into my auto start so I can leave them on and they don't kill the battery.
two dealerships told me they won't replace with anything but 2015 parts which I didn't get..
Thanks! I will look into it more. The heated seats bother me so much.

The installed price is too expensive for me (live in Norcal - hardly gets cold, it's just a nice to have) - gonna look into parts and kit prices.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks! I will look into it more. The heated seats bother me so much.

The installed price is too expensive for me (live in Norcal - hardly gets cold, it's just a nice to have) - gonna look into parts and kit prices.
I've installed my own heated seat elements in 3 vehicles now. It's a relatively easy diy.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
1,145 Posts
Dude, get some VHB tape on the leading edge of that solar panel to prevent air from going underneath. I just had my 100 watt rip off my roof rack on the highway. Granted, it was a combination of high speed and a bolt or two coming loose, but it's preventable.
I don’t drive fast enough for it to come off. It’s bolted down really well. No worries.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
481 Posts
How? How is that possible? And "again"!? You've done this multiple times!?!?
I thought the same damn thing!! Bass Pro Shop and CostCo are both deadly to my wallet. Last time I went to BP, the only reason I was there was to rendezvous with a friend for a camping trip. Because he got delayed by traffic, I now have a bowfishing bow I didn't need. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I thought the same damn thing!! Bass Pro Shop and CostCo are both deadly to my wallet. Last time I went to BP, the only reason I was there was to rendezvous with a friend for a camping trip. Because he got delayed by traffic, I now have a bowfishing bow I didn't need. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
when you guys are as old as I am, you will have most every thing you "need" the key word is "need" Now want , that is another story.
I have 2 fairly new bows a realm-x and a Inertia, a few dozen arrows, more camo then I need(I have got ridd of some)
more tree stands then I need but I want a couple more
3 ultru-lite, 2 medium and 2 heavy medium fishing poles, new Garmin 93sv depth finder,
just trying to figure out if i need the $200 dollar Shimano tekota Blue cat reels or the $60 Pisifun cat fish reel...made buy Abu Garcia
I keep saying buy once cry once, but is it over kill,

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Midnight
274 Posts
Got the pre-cut headlight covers in the mail today. Fast shipping, well packaged. I took one out and applied it but it is much larger than the headlight and will need to be cut with an exacto knife.
Lots of curves in these headlights. and these are not pre-cut to the exact size so it will be the job of a seasoned installer in my opinion. About 1 to 1 1/2 inches in surplus around the sides.

Just my 2 cents. If you have not applied tint as a profession, do not order these. You will be unhappy as myself and the person who originally posted these on the forum. This is the job for someone who has done this for a living.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
481 Posts
when you guys are as old as I am, you will have most every thing you "need" the key word is "need" Now want , that is another story.
I have 2 fairly new bows a realm-x and a Inertia, a few dozen arrows, more camo then I need(I have got ridd of some)
more tree stands then I need but I want a couple more
3 ultru-lite, 2 medium and 2 heavy medium fishing poles, new Garmin 93sv depth finder,
just trying to figure out if i need the $200 dollar Shimano tekota Blue cat reels or the $60 Pisifun cat fish reel...made buy Abu Garcia
I keep saying buy once cry once, but is it over kill,
I may be as old as you (I'm 52), but I can tell you for sure you want the Tekota. True story.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Short Box LT
252 Posts
Mounted my new topper lock socks now that the freezing weather is behind us. A week ago one of my topper locks froze. At least they should keep dust out of the locks.

I also added a new gel seat cushion. The one I had was too thick and kept moving every time I sat on it.
kingphenix Car Seat Cushion with 1.2inch Comfort Memory Foam, Seat Cushion for Car and Office Chair (Black)

Small but helpful improvements. I have to keep it small now with work unsteady, a big vet appointment next week, and car registration on the horizon.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Got the pre-cut headlight covers in the mail today. Fast shipping, well packaged. I took one out and applied it but it is much larger than the headlight and will need to be cut with an exacto knife.
Lots of curves in these headlights. and these are not pre-cut to the exact size so it will be the job of a seasoned installer in my opinion. About 1 to 1 1/2 inches in surplus around the sides.

Just my 2 cents. If you have not applied tint as a profession, do not order these. You will be unhappy as myself and the person who originally posted these on the forum. This is the job for someone who has done this for a living.
Where did you buy them?

The ones I put on (you kept posting my truck ;) ) were actually smaller, since you have to slightly stretch them out with some heat. I maybe cut a little but not much if i remember correctly.

Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Quick day trip through the mountains south east of Kingman, AZ. Checked out the Gold King Mansion. Trails were super fun with some technical spots. Lots of flexy spots and some decent rock crawling. Even scraped a few times, taking a couple of the optional "Pro Lines".

I'm sad to announce that the truck still sucks balls in 4LO, from a stop, even with the 4.56 gears. I got into a spot where I needed the truck to climb straight up about 2ft. Foot went to the floor and she didn't move an inch. I fkn hate the damn 4Lo tune in this thing. I managed to get her moving by bumping into the climb, but still... a 57:1 final ratio in first gear/4LO should easily roast all four tires when you floor it. I literally had zero power with my foot to the floor. I could probably have made the crawl in 4HI, as it doesn't reduce power, but didn't think about trying till after we were back on pavement. Much disappoint. I need to figure out how to shift into 4LO without the truck knowing, and subsequently be able to engage the front locker as well, since it's a 4LO feature. I'll take a quick DTC code over zero power any day.

Here's the single pic I took today.

PXL_20210220_230506708~2.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
387 Posts
Fulfilled the OCD portion of the ocd console organizer- I went to the car wash and got enough quarters to fill the coin holder. I also hosed off some of the larger debris on my truck and hosed out the bed.
I put a huge rubber front door mat in the bed that I salvaged right before it went in the dumpster from the temp job shack that was removed from my job site. Total score on that one.

20201 - 20220 of 20298 Posts