Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, I have two hifonics 2000's and will be getting another 800 watts or so for my highs. I am currently looking into getting the biggest alternator I can, so far 200 amp is the best I can find. Anyway to get back on track, as far as batteries, what do yall recommend that I should do. I read kinetiks are good and affordable, I know stinger is well established, anyway would you lend me your wisdow. Thanks

Oh yeah, this is for SPL.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I thought you were the audio guru? I am so let down. :wink:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol well I thought I knew what I wanted but after reading and researching I saw a lot of different good and bad reviews between kinetiks and stinger...and this http://www.stingerelectronics.com/thetruth/ . The electrical part is something that always confuses me, mainly because people are always coming up with different reasons to do, or not to do something.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There is a company called IRAGGI alternators that make HUGE alternators. I know that they make a 350 AMP one.

Alot of SPL competitors use them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hankfan79 said:
There is a company called IRAGGI alternators that make HUGE alternators. I know that they make a 350 AMP one.

Alot of SPL competitors use them.
Thanks!!! I will definitely look into it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
biggest iraggi makes for the colorado is 120 amp idle and 220(i think might be just 200) amp max. that is what i have. Kinetik is the best batterys for audio. Look at what major competitors use and about 90% use Kinetik. Kinetik batterys are capable of releasing all of their power in a fraction of a second just like a capacitor but it has more storage capacity and charges super fast. I highly recommend it. I have a 1800 and i love it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i figured, its a done deal, kinetiks it is. I was thinking, i will put the biggest battery that will fit under the hood (not sure what it is yet) and two 2400 in the bed. Does that sound like enough?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know what size kinetik will fit under the hood?

·
Registered
389 Posts
The 1800 i have would probably fit with a little work.. so id say that i know for a fact one would most likely fit. thats about as big as i would go under the hood. and honstly i dont think u will need 2 2400s one should be plenty. All i have is a yellow top and the 1800 and my voltage never goes below 13.2 unless i play a sine wave or something just because my amp is power hungry. if just beating music, it handles fine. i would say save your money and only buy 1.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No shows around since I installed it. It is DRIVING ME CRAZY, I have to know soon. I will post it as soon as I find out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
long time since I built it, or competed, I wanna say 38hz, maybe it was 48hz.

·
Registered
389 Posts
not too bad.. otta do decent numbers. My box is tunned to 55 at the port and peaks at 65 hz. i hit 153 on the termlab a couple times. when sealed it is tuned to around 30hz and i can hit a 147 on the termlab.

I am debating on selling my setup and building something crazy in my custom truck im building but i have't made up my mind yet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
389 Posts
That was outlaw. had the termlab in the drivers corner floorboard , drivers door shut .. pass door open about half way. window down slightly...

I wouldnt recommend that alternator. i would deffinatly suggest iraggi. he isnt that much more and his come with a lifetime warranty and if u buy another vehicle, he will trade the alternator for one that fits the new vehicle for a small fee.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
bbrownderville said:
I wouldnt recommend that alternator. i would deffinatly suggest iraggi.
Why? What is your personal experience with both these products? Did one perform better for you than the other?
Just asking because I own that Alternator and while it works perfectly for me...maybe you have tried them both and know something I overlooked.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TexasXtreme said:
bbrownderville said:
I wouldnt recommend that alternator. i would deffinatly suggest iraggi.
Why? What is your personal experience with both these products? Did one perform better for you than the other?
Just asking because I own that Alternator and while it works perfectly for me...maybe you have tried them both and know something I overlooked.
I would really like to know because I made him an offer and I can get it for $350 shipped. And I emailed Iraggi alternators and am waiting for a reply so I am not sure what to do???

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I can't speak for Iraggi because I have never owned their product but from what I hear it is a very good Alt.
Their name is plastered all over the internet but the same complaint comes up over and over again.
Nobody can get thru to them. Maybe they are so good they can't keep up with the demand. Again I don't know this as fact.
What I do know as fact is that my calls/emails to AlterStart where ALWAYS answered. Phone calls on the second or third ring.
Their product works as promised and you can keep your existing Alternator.
Maybe somebody that actually owns an Iraggi will speak up to help you in your decision. :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts