Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just got my supercharger today and the only port I see is at the front of the intake manifold/brick above the TMAP sensor.
View attachment 418760
Thanks for that info. I tapped into there today and added a boost guage. If you plan to add a guage then do it before you drop the super charger in place. It was difficult to get to after it's installed.

I took it out for a quick drive to make sure everything was working and I was seeing about 6.5 psi at red line. This is with the Edelbrock kit and trifecta tune. The idash boost/va was only reading 0.1 psi at most but that's because it's reading from the sensor before the SC. Pay no attention to the zip tied guage pod. It's a work in progress.

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 V6 Crew Cab, Summit White
58 Posts
Thanks for that info. I tapped into there today and added a boost guage. If you plan to add a guage then do it before you drop the super charger in place. It was difficult to get to after it's installed.

I took it out for a quick drive to make sure everything was working and I was seeing about 6.5 psi at red line. This is with the Edelbrock kit and trifecta tune. The idash boost/va was only reading 0.1 psi at most but that's because it's reading from the sensor before the SC. Pay no attention to the zip tied guage pod. It's a work in progress.
Nice! do you happen to know what's the thread of the port you tapped into for the boost gauge?

What kind of pod are you planning for your boost gauge?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice! do you happen to know what's the thread of the port you tapped into for the boost gauge?

What kind of pod are you planning for your boost gauge?
I got this hose kit which says the fittings are 1/8-27 threads.

GlowShift Replacement 9ft Black... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XLTP1L?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Not sure what I'm going to do for the pod. I have the single pod from block8head that I was using for the idash. I got that so I could read boost but that didn't work. Now the thing keeps losing it's settings every few days which is annoying. Might just go with just the boost gauge and the pod I have now.

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 V6 Crew Cab, Summit White
58 Posts
I got this hose kit which says the fittings are 1/8-27 threads.

GlowShift Replacement 9ft Black... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XLTP1L?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Not sure what I'm going to do for the pod. I have the single pod from block8head that I was using for the idash. I got that so I could read boost but that didn't work. Now the thing keeps losing it's settings every few days which is annoying. Might just go with just the boost gauge and the pod I have now.
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I didn't have enough patience and installed the supercharger yesterday without first tapping into the port. I am going to regret that in the future when I try to install a boost gauge.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts