Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Canyon
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bone stock 2021 Canyon and installed a Edelbrock Supercharger with their tune. With absolutely nothing else done and the tune untouched I feel like I'm getting sort of wonky boost readings. I haven't hit a dyno yet with it but it sure doesn't feel like it gained 80+whp like Edelbrock claims.

Right when I stab it at low RPM it hits 3psi immediately then raises to 5psi for most of the rpm band and finally ramping up to barely touch 7psi right at redline.
Would love to hear what other Edelbrock customers are seeing and would like to compare to what Mallett guys are seeing. Maybe I should have got a Mallett.

It's entirely possible they are doing this on purpose to be within the detonation limits of pump gas and these high compression engines. But with a PD blower I really expected a much flatter boost output.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Where are you tapping in to get the boost pressure? I thought I would be able to read it from the computer but can't. I called Edelbrock and they said there is a port on the back near the firewall but I can't find it. Do you have a picture? I'd like to know what kind of pressures I'm getting as well.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
If you go WOT at a lower RPM, how much boost do you have like below 3000rpm?
What gear? If in auto mode it immediately downshifts and rpm jumps considerably past 3000 of course, if in manual mode it is higher boost with a higher gear (more load).

·
Registered
2021 Canyon
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What gear? If in auto mode it immediately downshifts and rpm jumps considerably past 3000 of course, if in manual mode it is higher boost with a higher gear (more load).
In 1st gear if you stab it at like 1500rpm, it would be interesting to know what you see.

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 V6 Crew Cab, Summit White
48 Posts
I have the lingengelter (edelbrock) on order just waiting for delivery, I'm going to try to install it during the thanksgiving weekend. I will report back here when I get this thing in the mail and see where on the back i can tap for the boost gauge.

·
Registered
2021 Canyon
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get a Dyno tune or trifecta for your Edelbrock SC.
This is proving to be the most important thing to do. I've been adjusting Edelbrock's tune for a couple days and it's performing much better. Their tune is really bad. Runs way too much timing, tons of knock all over the place. I'm much happier now, even smoothed out the rough idle it had.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is proving to be the most important thing to do. I've been adjusting Edelbrock's tune for a couple days and it's performing much better. Their tune is really bad. Runs way too much timing, tons of knock all over the place. I'm much happier now, even smoothed out the rough idle it had.
Trifecta has a tune available as well. That's what I'm using because the Edelbrock tune wouldn't allow me to adjust for larger tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is the edelbrock tune that bad?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, It's pretty bad. But you have to buy it with the tune to get the CARB sticker. And you got the Lingenfelter. Totally possible they made their own better tune.
Thats unfortunate, but I do need the CARB sticker since i live in CA. I don't think Lingenfelter has a different tune since the tune is provided by edelbrock per the instructions. I did order the 3.5" pulley from Lingenfelter and I plan to use that right from the get go instead of the 3.75" pulley. I guess I'm going to have to try the edelbrock tune and see how it goes. I wouldn't be too worried about the tune if I didn't live in CA.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I turn that sucker up all the way and feel the vent, I'm thinking at least 5 psi!
Wooohooo!
Let's go Brandon!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where are you tapping in to get the boost pressure? I thought I would be able to read it from the computer but can't. I called Edelbrock and they said there is a port on the back near the firewall but I can't find it. Do you have a picture? I'd like to know what kind of pressures I'm getting as well.
Just got my supercharger today and the only port I see is at the front of the intake manifold/brick above the TMAP sensor.
Camera lens Reflex camera Bag Camera accessory Flash photography

1 - 20 of 24 Posts