Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
781 - 793 of 793 Posts

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Our Off Grid Trailer arrived back in Feb, so this is what I tow now. Since this pic was taken I've swapped out the tires/wheels on my truck and lifted the front with a set of Fox 2.0 coilovers.

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Canyon SLT CCSB
169 Posts
First time taking it out into the mountains this year. Also new this year is the topper, definitely seeing more sag in the rear with it. This is my one gripe about the andersen, and it's that it doesn't transfer weight to the front axle enough. Stopped at the scales on the way out and back, still within limits! Pulling a little slower this year with gas prices, staying within the speed limit, averaged 20L/100KM round trip.

Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
just returned from ~2500 mile round trip from Colorado through American Southwest to San Diego for camping on the beach with wife, 2year old and 2 large dogs. From the Rocky Mountains to 100+ degree temps in Mojave Desert- the Colorado hauled well and was a comfortable ride. Even w AC running and all 5 in the cab!

InTech Explorer Flyer Toy Hauler ~2200 lbs loaded
AT Overland Atlas Pop-Up Camper ~350 lbs
‘13 Honda CRF250L ~300 lbs

2020 Colorado Duramax Bison
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Sky Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Truck

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
just returned from ~2500 mile round trip from Colorado through American Southwest to San Diego for camping on the beach with wife, 2year old and 2 large dogs. From the Rocky Mountains to 100+ degree temps in Mojave Desert- the Colorado hauled well and was a comfortable ride. Even w AC running and all 5 in the cab!

InTech Explorer Flyer Toy Hauler ~2200 lbs loaded
AT Overland Atlas Pop-Up Camper ~350 lbs
‘13 Honda CRF250L ~300 lbs

2020 Colorado Duramax Bison
View attachment 430761 View attachment 430762
View attachment 430764
Nice setup! Looks like it's time to get some upgraded rear leafs, though. :D

Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon AT4, CCSB, V6, leather, tow package, Bakflip MX4
110 Posts
Recently returned from a 2500 mile trip to NM and CO, 2000 towing our (3300# loaded) 17 Foot Casita. Our 2021 Canyon AT4 performed very well. 16.2mpg for the towing miles. We were camped at about 8700 feet and towed towed over several passes above 10,000 feet. Also took the Canyon up a jeep trail near the top of Galena mountain above above the Buffalo Boy tram house for a nephew's mountain top wedding. Scraped a bit underneath several times (truck is stock) but hung with the Jeeps carrying the rest of the wedding party. Trail is probably a 6 on a 1-10 scale and close to the truck's limits. Upper part of the trail had sections of mostly grapefruit to basket ball size rocks.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Figured Id chime in with a long term update.
Been carrying (not necessarily towing) my AllTerrain Bobcat pop up camper for the vast majority of 100k miles now. Its unfortunately got to be on all the time as a daily since ive nowhere secure to store it, plus road-trips a plenty. Last was a 3400 mile roundy from Palm Springs, up the coast literally all the way to the San Juan islands WA and back down thru the cascades area, Nevada and Tahoe, down the eastern sierra, and back home. Never missed a beat. Truck is at 162k now and I only consume brakes at a slightly faster rate. Camper is 1000# or less, dry. About 12-1300 max loaded with two of us in it. It has been and will continue to be the best eastern sierra and desert assault luxury campsite on wheels. It still will motor up rough backcountry roads without batting an eye. Just keep that tranny fluid fresh and changed! Been running motul and oem filters throughout.
Sky Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

Sky Car Plant Vehicle Tire

Sky Plant Plant community Table Shade

Cloud Sky House Mountain Automotive exterior

Cloud Sky Vehicle Tire Car

Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Plant Sky Vehicle Car Tire

Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got my 2021 CCLB Denali V6. Job 1 is for towing my 19’ Carolina Skiff which according to the local dump-scale, trailer/boat weighs about 3900 pounds. Very happy with the first tow through the ups/downs towards Charlotte almost all interstate and in the rain.

Tried to keep in the 65-70mph range and “surf” the downhills to avoid heavy throttle going back up. Very pleased with almost 16mpg avg according to the computer; that’s about what I get in the 2007 5.7 Ram empty!

Realize now I didn’t get a picture of the trailer/truck but the boat is in for repower and upgrades so just as well… Need a shiny boat to go with a shiny truck!

Automotive design Vehicle Plant Personal luxury car Reflex camera
Speedometer Car Odometer Trip computer Tachometer

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have to grab a pic with the Colorado, but here is my home made teardrop style (without the aero shape....) camper. I built this many years ago and it's been modified a lot since built. been all up and down the east coast camping all over. It looks pretty different these days and will try and grab a current photo on the next trip. Love this little beast.

781 - 793 of 793 Posts