Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

281 - 300 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I could not understand why no other jeeps were giving the jeep wave back.

Nice TJ. You disconnected the driveshaft for that dolly tow, right? I sure hope you did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am coming from a Ram 2500 with a Hemi to my diesel Canyon. Today is the first day I have pulled with it and I am happy to say I did not miss my Ram. The exhaust break will take a while to get used to for me coming from a gas motor. I pulled the project car from the old house to the new house. It was a little sketchy getting it off of the trailer with no brakes, but me and the wife got it done and had a few laughs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is what I am towing with my GMC Canyon Diesel. I had a Ridgeline previously but it didn't do well with the 4400 lb load. My last trip towing to Lincoln Nebraska from Reno Nevada on I-80 going 75-80 mph most of the way was 17 mpg. With the 2nd set of race wheels and tires in the bed and all of the misc tools, parts, etc my guess is I had 5000 lbs loaded.

When I tow the Z in California I get upwards of 20 mpgs going 55-65 mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Finally got to tow with my new Canyon today. Suspension bounces a bit more than other vehicles I've towed this boat with, but the engine and transmission feel better than other vehicles I've towed this boat with. Boat/motor/trailer weigh 3200# dry. I tried with and without tow/haul mode on. I realize that at this weight, it's probably not required, but I thought it felt better with it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Boat/motor/trailer weigh 3200# dry. I tried with and without tow/haul mode on. I realize that at this weight, it's probably not required, but I thought it felt better with it on.
From what little experience I have t/h is mainly beneficial going downhill if you have the diesel engine brake, and somewhat beneficial when you're not on an Interstate (or otherwise going steady speeds).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I need some suggestions. I have the diesel and I'm looking into buying a box trailer. I am thinking about a 16' with tandem axles and a v nose. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I need some suggestions. I have the diesel and I'm looking into buying a box trailer. I am thinking about a 16' with tandem axles and a v nose. What do you guys think?

You have a lift and larger tires than stock, so as long as you know those things reduce your tow capacity and stability that's fine, a 16' enclosed cargo trailer will have a GVWR (max trailer weight) of up to 7,700LB. I wouldn't tow more than 5,000LB total trailer weight with your setup.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You have a lift and larger tires than stock, so as long as you know those things reduce your tow capacity and stability that's fine, a 16' enclosed cargo trailer will have a GVWR (max trailer weight) of up to 7,700LB. I wouldn't tow more than 5,000LB total trailer weight with your setup.
Agree.

I have a stock 17 Diesel and a 18' enclosed cargo trailer. (Still 7700 gvwr). I tow around an antique truck in the trailer and am close to 7k fully loaded. I am comfortable, but I would not want to go any heavier and probably would not go towing through the mountains without some serious thought/planning. That said this thing tows way better than the mid-2000s ram hemi I had previously.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree.

I have a stock 17 Diesel and a 18' enclosed cargo trailer. (Still 7700 gvwr). I tow around an antique truck in the trailer and am close to 7k fully loaded. I am comfortable, but I won't not want to go any heavier and probably would go towing through the mountains with out some serious thought/planning. That said this thing tows way better than the mid 2000s ram hemi I had previously.

Just for a visual IMG_20181010_152227.jpg

281 - 300 of 348 Posts
About this Discussion
347 Replies
168 Participants
flatbudget
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing