Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Canyon, Crew, WT, 2WD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was under my dash to look at installing a brake controller. Founds these plugs. Anyone know what these are for? 2020 Canyon, 3.6L, Crew, WT. Thanks!
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Automotive design

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was under my dash to look at installing a brake controller. Founds these plugs. Anyone know what these are for? 2020 Canyon, 3.6L, Crew, WT. Thanks!
View attachment 429874
Also been wondering what this small panel is. I pulled in off. Nothing behind it. Looks like a credit card slot at an ATM.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,374 Posts
Are they just left over from a wire harness? I have a 2WD.
Not so much left over. All (or most) main wiring harnesses are the same. If the truck is not optioned with the particular option, it's just not used. Much easier to manage one spec of harness, from a mass production standpoint.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
That is officially called the toll card pass slot but works for parking passes, credit cards, and work badges too.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That same panel except just blank. No slot. I’m thinking I could use that for a brake controller install and put the control right there. Having a hard time with internet searches. Thought I’d see if anyone knew where to find trim parts like that. Thanks!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
That same panel except just blank. No slot. I’m thinking I could use that for a brake controller install and put the control right there. Having a hard time with internet searches. Thought I’d see if anyone knew where to find trim parts like that. Thanks!!
ARCowboy is yanking your chain :D. The panel with the slot in it is where the factory brake controller sliders would be.

Reactions: sivartk

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
The question was about those wire harness connections. Are those actually for the factory brake controller? I would not think so, since the factory brake controller cannot be installed aftermarket. The trailer brake controller wiring on non-factory controllers is in the left kickpanel.

Note sure when the last time the instructions to install a trailer brake controller were posted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
ARCowboy is yanking your chain :D. The panel with the slot in it is where the factory brake controller sliders would be.
It is, on brake controller vehicles. On others it's the toll pass slot lol.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
No, he is right.

In 2015 there wasn't even a brake controller option (factory I mean, they sold an aftermarket as an accessory) so every truck had the toll pass/card holder.

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
241 Posts
Actually I think that the insert are two different parts. With the factory trailer brake controller the slot is flush with the dash and doesn't have the slight indent.

View attachment 429929
It lights up? I never noticed, I have that control on mine but it's basically hidden behind the steering wheel so I've never seen it at night.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It lights up? I never noticed, I have that control on mine but it's basically hidden behind the steering wheel so I've never seen it at night.
Yes, it appears to light up. This was taken with the truck in the garage so the headlights were on at the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have or know anyone that has a 3D printer you could print out the part the way you want it. My buddy 3D printed the part for me and I put switches for my fog lights and ditch lights in it
Car Steering part Vehicle Steering wheel Personal luxury car

Rectangle Gadget Gas Camera accessory Font

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you have or know anyone that has a 3D printer you could print out the part the way you want it. My buddy 3D printed the part for me and I put switches for my fog lights and ditch lights in it View attachment 430108
View attachment 430107
Howdy Gabe! Do you happen to have the file that you could share with me? I do have a friend with a 3D printer. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts