Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
Why is it, that the ones offended by this didn’t understand the point of it at all? The whole purpose was to get the point across that if you have nothing to add to someone’s question or post...move on to ignoring your girlfriend and go playing your video games and let helpful people help fellow Canyon/Colorado fans in need for no other reason than to be a good person. As I said before, NO I did not get “harassed” personally (probably a poor choice of words on my part, my bad), however I have not searched for a single subject that didn’t have somebody “trolling” and telling the person to find their subject matter on their own. AGAIN...if you don’t want to help the person, DON’T. No one will ever know that you did or didn’t read that post, move on dude, leave it alone. Who in the actual **** cares how many times it’s asked? Just don’t answer it if you don’t want any to! Why is that so hard?
You need to calm down dude... dont like it here feel free to move on yourself. Dont think anyone here is offended except you. You're not going to change anything with this thread... in fact you'll probably make it worse. Take your own advice and ignore what you dont like

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I never post anything anywhere, but I use this forum all the time when I want to do anything with my rig. It’s just super frustrating searching and finding a question that matches closely to your question(which takes forever) only to read through page after page of arguments with irritated members about repeat questions. 47 pages of comments on a post...one useful piece of info on page 36. Weird. I wonder why “there’s a similar post like this every couple months or so”? I would bet it would be a lot more often if people weren’t afraid to be booted from the site.

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
Ahh... exaggeration at it finest. 47 pages and one useful piece of info.

I'm sure this and just about every other forum out there will change because of this thread and no one will argue anymore

Yep a thread like this every every couple of months... because there is always someone who wants to complain and protest about something

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Wow...this turned South fast...you're no better than others w/ these words (e.g. keyboard commando).

Guess I'll go ignore my wife of 34-yrs & troll some other forums.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Do you really not see what you’re doing here? The irony? You’re proving my point for me. You’ve seen this same post 100 times. Instead of just glancing at it and moving on you came in and now we’re on page two with no answer to the original question. I’m not trying to ruffle feathers here or change the forum...I sincerely want to know why moderators are moderating legit questions about ones trucks whether it be a repeat or not? I understand moderating “internet tough guys” and people actually trolling other members, you guys do great with that. But why are repeat questions so frowned upon?

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
If you have a complaint about moderators(you realize I'm pretty much the only active one left on this forum) then feel free to message an admin and push for change.... I personally have not cracked down much on repeat questions in the past couple of years because that would take a large amount of time and I do have a life outside this forum(like ignoring my girlfriend and playing video games).
Why are repeat questions frowned upon? I'll let someone else answer that but I have a feeling the answer wont satisfy you. It is in the rules to search prior to making an inquiry yet we still get the "what's the best leveling kit?" and "what is the best oil?" threads. I just let them be now... years ago I may have said something.
If you want to ask past moderators why they moderated repeat questions well I guess you can try to message them directly if they are still registered. You probably wont get any answers here. Many mods have come and gone. If you see any real recent posts of members or mods disresptfully harassing members to search then please report the post just dont report old posts. Good luck with your quest for an answer.

Here is what rubs me the wrong way a little... you admitted to not really posting anything, so to me you contribute nothing to this forum and just use it for info,ok that's fine... but then you come along and question how the forum is or was moderated in the past? Lol. You complain about having to sift thru 47 pages of junk to find one piece of useful information. Well if people didnt ask repeat questions there would be less junk to sift thru, less arguments, less harassment and answers would be found quicker and there would be less threads to look thru for answers and the world of internet forums would be near perfect, lol

I'm done. Have a good day

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I've always tried to find information first, even now that search is almost useless. But I have never been "harassed" when I have asked a question.... All I've ever gotten were answers. This site is MILD compared to some I have been on.
No kidding, go over the the SSforums and get a load of that bunch.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I get what the OP is saying, I've seen the TRY SEARCHING!!!! crap all the time, seriously.

It can be a real PITA to try and find something in threads that have gone sideways and in a hurry. Just ask again I say! F it.

As for the search here it would be nice to have the old one but google works pretty good to find stuff here. The thing I liked the most was searching in titles only.

I'll answer or if I'm not sure I'll point someone to a thread that I think will help, but man when you search it can turn into a full time job going through all the crap. Trust me I've done it. ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to start a new thread asking what oil is the best.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I never post anything anywhere, but I use this forum all the time when I want to do anything with my rig. It’s just super frustrating searching and finding a question that matches closely to your question(which takes forever) only to read through page after page of arguments with irritated members about repeat questions. 47 pages of comments on a post...one useful piece of info on page 36. Weird. I wonder why “there’s a similar post like this every couple months or so”? I would bet it would be a lot more often if people weren’t afraid to be booted from the site.
Am I reading this correctly? You never post anything, but want to spend two pages complaining about the moderators. You have been a member since August 2018, you have a post count of 10, 6 of which are in this thread complaining. I do not think you have much pull here, so you may need to stop before you get kicked off the forum, not that you would be missed with zero posts to help others. I think that two pages of bitching is more than enough to get your point across. That just added 2 more pages to the 47 that you mentioned.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Go on taco site, those guys are brutal....this site seems tame, see very little of the what the OP described here

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
I will often answer questions with a link to the earlier answers. Frequently, at least in the old software, I tried to explain how I searched & found the thread.

I think two of the best threads to use as an example are the threads on that stupid nut that holds the fuse panel cover on the passenger kick panel and the threads on the slot on the dash to the left of the steering column. It's easy to joke about those threads, but if you don't know what to search on, how will you ever find it? Best thing to do is for the mods to merge the threads and get down the road.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I think to get real good search results, people NEED to use relevant subject titles.
The card slot, for example. I had to make about four searches in the "search field" to finally find one that didn't even have "slot in dash" in the title. Folks use titles like "what is this for?" which are completely useless for search purposes. And yes, I did one myself for the brake booster air pump. But there are really good threads that start with some ubiquitous title.

As for folks putting posts in the correct sub-forum, there needs to be more and subject specific sub-forms so people can organize themselves.

The 2nd gen Tires, Wheels & Suspension forum is a good example. Its too broad. There should be separate forums for each subject because each is its own huge subject with a lot of traffic. heck, Lift kits should have its own sub forum!

So there it is, from me, this forum IS poorly organized and the fish swim into the wrong pond. Help the fish, don't fry them.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
16 Participants
Iamscotticus
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing