Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did GM meet it's projected start date of Aug 26 for production of the 2022 model year Colorado/Canyon? Does anyone know when the build/price configurator on the corresponding web sites will go live?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe it was posted in another thread the first 2022 came off the line. However, there are now 10k+ 2021's now sitting in parking lots so I'd assume those are going to get chips before any 2022.

Reactions: Firehk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did GM meet it's projected start date of Aug 26 for production of the 2022 model year Colorado/Canyon? Does anyone know when the build/price configurator on the corresponding web sites will go live?
Tough call there. I ordered a 22 Colorado on Aug 19th when the order banks were opened for dealer allotments and obtained pricing at time of order. Went from 1000 to 3000 status in under a week. I did have one constraint which was no spray in bed liner and required wireless charging when I added NAV/BOSE. What’s a bit confusing is the price came in cheaper than the identical 21 model so not real sure as to why. The printout only listed the options and total cost (invoice) and MSRP normally it breaks down individual cost per option. It was only 300.00 difference so who knows. I was thinking maybe the transportation cost changed since there has been a bunch of complaints as to why it doesn’t change according to distance shipped. As for which will get fully built first who knows. I have read articles saying 22 will have priority and will revisit the 10k 21’s afterwards but that would be catastrophic for business one would think. My dealer principle seems to think they just won’t get produced. I have had a 21 ordered since April and the order has not been cancelled but never produced but since the factory started producing 22 last Thursday logic would suggest it will never get built. He has had some cars cancelled and others saying produced with no vin showing so its a nightmare for now. I see Toyota pulled production to prioritize chips for their Lexus line and GM seems to be delaying build and start up dates on many vehicles right now and trying to solve the mid size trucks so fingers crossed for everyone.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My order was placed last Tuesday and is at 3300 with production date of 9/6. Huh!!!

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I saw 3 trucks full of Colorado's this morning heading east from the plant. No idea if they have chips or not.
Is there a difference in the front grill between the 2021 and 22's? I was looking while they were coming towards me on I-70

·
Registered
256 Posts
I saw 3 trucks full of Colorado's this morning heading east from the plant. No idea if they have ships or not.
Is there a difference in the front grill between the 2021 and 22's? I was looking while they were coming towards me on I-70
Who knows??!! Ha! I'll let you know in a few weeks when I get my 2022. (wishful thinking?)
I appreciate the updates and info we get from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Who knows??!! Ha! I'll let you know in a few weeks when I get my 2022. (wishful thinking?)
I appreciate the updates and info we get from you. Thanks.
@Cyclewild works there, but maybe he cannot tell.

I had a friend who worked there but prior to the ZR2 put in production he said he could not even tell me what the ZR2 was going to look like even though one was sitting in their lunch room, he is retired now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
@Cyclewild works there, but maybe he cannot tell.

I had a friend who worked there but prior to the ZR2 put in production he said he could not even tell me what the ZR2 was going to look like even though one was sitting in their lunch room, he is retired now.
Ohhhh ya! @Cyclewild . I forgot his name. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
No differences on the ‘22’s, we’re over 15,000 now and I would have to assume they would be finished in order built. @HotHead if you can get your build number I can keep an eye out for it. @Hunter62 probably heading for Gateway, very doubtful they were finished units

·
Registered
2021 ZR2 Bison, Sand Dune Metallic Event Code 4300
75 Posts
No differences on the ‘22’s, we’re over 15,000 now and I would have to assume they would be finished in order built. @HotHead if you can get your build number I can keep an eye out for it. @Hunter62 probably heading for Gateway, very doubtful they were finished units
Is it ok to give you an order number? If you cannot, I totally understand. My ZR2 Bison was built 8/13 and was waiting on a chip last I heard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats Hothead on the build date. Hoping to get my build date once I do my Friday ritual check with the dealer. Chevy has a new incentive that expires at the end of the month which includes 2022 models for 1000.00 credit towards eligible accessories so knocking on wood at the moment it works out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats Hothead on the build date. Hoping to get my build date once I do my Friday ritual check with the dealer. Chevy has a new incentive that expires at the end of the month which includes 2022 models for 1000.00 credit towards eligible accessories so knocking on wood at the moment it works out.
One thousand or one hundred?

·
Registered
83 Posts
@Jasman100 if your truck is built already there isn’t anything I can do, but for those not built I can just look for them coming down the line and know who’s it’s going to be, and tell whomever I saw their truck and laid hands on it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
ZWHTJZ

·
Registered
2021 ZR2 Bison, Sand Dune Metallic Event Code 4300
75 Posts
@Jasman100 if your truck is built already there isn’t anything I can do, but for those not built I can just look for them coming down the line and know who’s it’s going to be, and tell whomever I saw their truck and laid hands on it.
Thank you anyway! Mine still on hold per my dealer. Waiting for a chip still.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Uh, good news bad news. Hopefully it gets built tomorrow ahead of schedule, we 5 minutes ago got notification we’re down the next two weeks to catch up, good news for those waiting on built jobs though…😕
Hoping they go in build order since mine "was complete minus a chip" on 8/4.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Uh, good news bad news. Hopefully it gets built tomorrow ahead of schedule, we 5 minutes ago got notification we’re down the next two weeks to catch up, good news for those waiting on built jobs though…😕
Shuffle through the paperwork and move mine up! :D

1 - 20 of 114 Posts