Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Great replies from all here . . .. ::chevy::
Almost all...........

will they be selling any accessories from truck on forum? maybe start chewing tabacco instead of smoking it.
*****sigh*****

Not everyone is cut out to be a counselor. That’s why you need to keep your mind free from drugs. So you can decide for yourself if what you’re hearing makes sense.

Gusto!

·
Registered
765 Posts
At 16, I thought/knew my father was a moron,.
When I was 26, I was surprised how much wisdom he had to share.
At 36, I used many of his guiding words, at 46, my wife says "your just like your father" and I grin.
At 56, I explain the above to the younger generation, my dad did a good job, just try to skip step one.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
My father taught me early on that the company you keep helps determine the things you do.

It kept me out of trouble and today my son is a trouble free teen that is gainfully employed just starting collage.

I used to hate some of the thing my parents did to make sure I did not get in trouble. Today I am grateful for what they taught me.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Really? That is funny as **** and fucked up. Your parents caught you vaping? Not even smoking and you are almost legal anyhow. My mother would have a cigarette with me when I was waxing first car. They give you a car and then take it away because you were having fun with your friends and almost legal? OK now, America today. Maybe the lesson is, get your own **** from now on and your parents can't tell you what to do with it. Sucks, been there ( But, I did a lot worst things than smoking).

Is this really legit? Just curious

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Hell...back in the day, if you were caught drinking and driving and didnt kill anyone, you got a ticket for careless driving and you went on your way.

But times change and as parents, we TRY to guide our kids in the best way we know how.

Your parents are obviously super strict when it comes to vaping/smoking but at the same time, cant believe this was the first time you got caught doing it.

My opinion, wake up early, cut the grass, do whatever other yard work that needs to be done, fall on the sword and claim temporary insanity and beg for them to not go through with selling your truck...... even if they have to park it for a month or two to teach you a lesson. At the very least, see if they will sit on your truck for a little while so that everyone can look back on today and see if thats the right decision to make you learn your lesson. (instead of getting lowballed if they sell your truck)

But at the end of the day, dont hate on them for their decision because they are doing what they think is best for you. Dont forget......when you were born, you didnt come with an INSTRUCTION MANUAL so, they are doing what they can the only way they know.

Im not saying they are wrong but at the same time, as has been said already, its their house and their rules. Having raised 6 of you rugrats myself, it wasn't always puppies and rainbows, for all of us.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If I caught my son vaping or smoking, I would help him smoke. All he wants. As much as he can. As many as he can fit in his mouth wrapped with tape, and handcuffed . He can have all he wants till he pukes. I'd make sure he enjoyed his big man's delicacy. I may end up in jail, but he won't end up in the iron lung.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If I caught my son vaping or smoking, I would help him smoke. All he wants. As much as he can. As many as he can fit in his mouth wrapped with tape, and handcuffed . He can have all he wants till he pukes. I'd make sure he enjoyed his big man's delicacy. I may end up in jail, but he won't end up in the iron lung.

reminds of the episode of "The "70's show" where Red makes Eric smoke all those cigarettes. >:)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Lesson is make your own money and buy your own things.

I didnt grow up fortunate enough to have parents with money so I'll never understand or have sympathy for kids that have parents that buy them "new" vehicles.
Yep no sympathy here for the kid. Crying about losing permission to drive his parents truck. There are kids out there tonight with no food or shelter....Is this a joke or something? Plenty of tools here consoling the poor neglected brat...

·
Registered
939 Posts
“Be a leader, not a follower”!

But you defeated your argument by not vaping he is a follower, he made his choice right or wrong he made it. personally I gave up cigs for vaping and couldn’t be happier feel so much better and cigs smell disgusting to me now. But I do enjoy a nice cigar now and again. Nobody knows the long term effects of vaping but the few studies that have been done say it’s safer then cigs. Also studies on nicotine yes it’s highly addictive but it’s no more damaging to your body then caffeine other then how it’s taken.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Life lessons. Learn from them or be consumed by them.

Change your friends and be accountable. You can’t do this alone. Find new friends and seek out help. Find someone that has your best interest in mind. Me, I went to a rehab center. Got clean and turned my life around.
I'm not going to get into the whole 'is vaping ok?' or 'should OPs parents have taken his truck away?' arguments; it's not my place to tell anyone what to do with their life, nor how to parent their child.

However, I just wanted to say kudos to you, sir - both for making the strong & difficult choice to get your life back on track, and for so readily sharing your experiences.

I, too, had some questionable moments in my 20s, and there were definitely a couple of inflection points where, had I made a different choice or two, I might not be around today.

Good work, fella. I'm sure that all your friends and family are justifiably proud of the person you are today.

·
Registered
790 Posts
At 16, I thought/knew my father was a moron,.
When I was 26, I was surprised how much wisdom he had to share.
At 36, I used many of his guiding words, at 46, my wife says "your just like your father" and I grin.
At 56, I explain the above to the younger generation, my dad did a good job, just try to skip step one.

This song came to mind when I read your post.
Seems appropriate......

I did the opposite with my son. Back in his high school senior year I caught him smoking. I knew at the time that he really wanted the 2010 new style Camaro. Made him a deal! Quit smoking and I would help him finance that car. He quit and he got his wish granted. Has not touched smoking since then and has grown up to be a fine young man. Sometimes incentives do work...lol

·
Registered
975 Posts
trading for a 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon with 44k on it
Generally speaking, reliability isn't among the reasons people love their Jeeps.

Several common but serious problems are worth checking before they buy:

• Very carefully inspect the corners of the radiators for any sign of leakage, or any coolant smell once it's up to temp. Wrangler radiators are almost guaranteed to leak around that age.
  • On top of the engine, remove the cover and look around for signs of oil leakage, and also look around at the rear of the engine underneath. There's a big silver oil cooler dead center on top of the engine that has a nasty habit of cracking and leaking starting from 2014 and later.
  • Listen to the engine from the outside at running temp for a clear ticking noise (listen on both sides), the Pentastar 3.6L has had some history of bad cylinder heads going all the way back to 2011 or so. Supposedly resolved in 2012, but reports of the same problem in later years are commonplace.
  • Underneath in front, check the front track bar bolts (left and right ends) for ANY sign of play. They shouldn't move at all but they're made with a fully-threaded slightly-too-small bolt that tends to grind away the bushing. Aftermarket kits are available with partially-threaded correct-sized bolts that are easy to replace and eliminate the problem (often even if the bushing has already been chewed up). The track bar is outlined in the middle in the picture here.
They're fun, but here's hoping your sister is handy in the garage. :D

P.S. Sucks about the truck.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Yep no sympathy here for the kid. Crying about losing permission to drive his parents truck. There are kids out there tonight with no food or shelter....Is this a joke or something? Plenty of tools here consoling the poor neglected brat...
Wow, that statement is a little harsh, but that is your parenting style. Not really a bunch of fools here consoling the so called neglected brat. Just a couple of older guys, with a little wisdom under their belt trying to shed some light on the young member, in hopes that he can learn something and help him make better decisions. Might say trying to reel him back in before he gets too far gone. Sorry you do not agree. That is your opinion and you are entitled to that.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
28 Participants
MV10
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing