Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, I traded in my Rado last night. I was really upset to let it go. It was the first car I bought brand new and had a lot of memories with it. I needed something bigger b/c I have a little boy on the way and the ext. cab would be a little too snug. I actually left the bar the other night, got home and stood outside in the cold and thought about all the good times as i starred at the Rado. I think I almost cried, haha! Anyway, picked up a GMC Sierra z71 SLE2 Crew. Got it Line-x'd from the dealership. I saw what I did to the bed in my Rado and didnt want that again. This thing is huge and its going to take some time to get used to it. I loved my Colorado from the first day I saw a sneak peek picture on the web, and still love that platform today. Its a great truck and this forum is GREAT, and all of you made it that way. I know I will still be on here daily. I have been here too long to just leave, haha, but wanted to say thanks! Well, here are some pics I took really quick at a buddies house....

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah, I liked the interior color too, but as soon as my dad saw it, he said get covers b/c its a light color. I will see how it holds up then just get seat covers if need be. HAHA, I thought I hit the wall too, but there it 6 inches there. It has the rear back-up sensors and they were screaming at me when I was backing up. Still getting used to a big ass truck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sweet ride!! I like the look of the over the rail bed liner. The color match is pretty good and the transition looks real neat - I'll have to give that another thought when my truck arrives. Nice 6 spoke wheels - what brand tires? I love that dark gray metallic exterior color that came out recently. I also like the "truck" interior over the "SUV" interior on the bigger trucks. Enjoy it!!

I'm on the other side of the fence - my kids are old enough to drive themselves so I could go for the mid-size. GM put some bonus cash on the pickups and the crew cabs disappeared quick up here in MA while I was debating mid versus full size so I just ordered a Colorado Z-71 Crew Cab and figured I could use the savings to personalize the truck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
oops ... hit the button twice - stil lworth saying NICE RIDE again :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice ride!! I have the same reaction leaving my colorado...I still have it actually so I'm going through the sad state now. I'm picking up my silverado tomorrow. Head on over to fullsizechevy.com, I know the coloradofans member "Fixitman" is over there now with his silverado too.

Enjoy the new ride, and the new baby boy! congrats.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Man, look at that sexy front end...love it!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. Yeah everyone keeps asking me if I hit the wall. Must be the angle of the pic b/c there was about 6-8 inches of space there. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alex Zaganas said:
We got a new Escalade. All the interiors on the new GM's are so nice. I think you'll like it. That things quiet inside ain't it?!
Yeah, its damn near silent inside. I like the 5.3 too! Its smooth as silk and quiet.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, was going to hold out for the H3T but I have a baby on the way so needed the space now. I also just picked up a 6x12 enclosed trailer for the toys so needed a little more power for that. The interior is nice...I forget I am driving a truck sometimes.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts