Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
5,276 Posts
Wow...
Hope you are Okay
I was sideswiped on Friday September 30th... Made an appointment for the damage to be fixed on that Monday (1st available) was Monday December 12th
So sadly it might be a bit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow... Hope you are Okay I was sideswiped on Friday September 30th... Made an appointment for the damage to be fixed on that Monday (1st available) was Monday December 12th So sadly it might be a bit
i am good, had to get glass out of my eyes and hands and face peppered with small pieces of glass. could be much worse. yeah i am waiting to see what the adjuster says but it took a good hit. deer tried to jump the truck off a bank.

·
Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel 4X4. Summit White, Cocoa/Dark Atmosphere, Black wheel package
577 Posts
Wow, it’s hard to get happy after that one. Like you said though, you could have been hurt worse. The damage doesn’t look too bad from the pictures. Obviously a windshield and some metal work to the roof. Was there much damage anywhere else? We have a lot of deer around here too. No matter how careful you are…. they just do some weird stuff sometimes. Best of luck to you getting it fixed.

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
16'Trailboss edition-K&Ncai-DirtKing ucas-Peak2.0coilovers-GM performance exhaust-SupermodulationTB-
1,144 Posts
Had a deer try to jump in the truck with me.
Now I wait to see if it can be fixed and how long the wait will be.
Could have been much worse.
I literally just declared to my wife that im slowing my speeds down now as i get older. I understand deer will still do that $h!t regardless but never the less these photos hit home. Glad you are ok too

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Glad you are okay, $3000 to my truck 2 years ago from a deer collision, which was prior to cost going up.
is the front pillar pushed over?
Hood damaged?

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
:cry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hate to say this but man oh man you're lucky!
Yep, I am a volunteer Fire Fighter, I truly know where this could have gone.
Thanks
Wow, it’s hard to get happy after that one. Like you said though, you could have been hurt worse. The damage doesn’t look too bad from the pictures. Obviously a windshield and some metal work to the roof. Was there much damage anywhere else? We have a lot of deer around here too. No matter how careful you are…. they just do some weird stuff sometimes. Best of luck to you getting it fixed.
There was damage to the fender top of truck and both doors as he came off the truck.

Gonna be a long wait as I was advised they cannot work on it until end of January.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
5,276 Posts
Yep, I am a volunteer Fire Fighter, I truly know where this could have gone.
Thanks
I used to do both Fire and EMS as a Volunteer. 15 years as a Firefighter and 6 in EMS. It is amazing the damage that can be caused in an accident... Most important is that you are okay, like I said before

Reactions: American Truck
1 - 14 of 14 Posts