Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3600 lbs. (half tank of gas)! What a pig !!!! The wheels probably make up for 200+ lbs though. They have to be the heaviest aluminum wheel I've ever seen.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yeah but should that really matter since you do have a V-8 wedged between the rails, I'm sure it's gonna move but may not pass a gas station :lol: Looking forward to more pics etc, BTW you certainly made one hot looking ride. 8)

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I'm sure the engine easily added 100-150lbs since it's an iron block, maybe more than that.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I think we figured an aluminum LSx to be 70-80lbs heavier than an I5, I used to have the actual weight #'s but I can't remember them right now. There was a good discussion about it in the thread about the V8 355's coming out but it's probably buried by now. The engines in these trucks are pretty light, I lifted the I5 I bought out of the bed without an engine hoist. It didn't have accessories or the e-manifold on it though.

Either way I don't think anyone will complain much about 200lbs more than stock when the truck has a 6.0L. :lol:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I still think its really stupid that GM just didnt put a small V8 in these trucks to start with, not much heavier, plenty of room under the hood, about the same gas mileage, not that much more money to make and a lot more power and mod possibilities plus much better towing capability. I guess Gm just likes to loose money though.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
same here i would trade my truck in a heartbeat for a V8 even though my current Colly is my baby and pride and joy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts