Nice!!! I hate you CC owners for having that space on the back wall. :evil:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Subs?

ebergcanyon said:
What kind of subs and box?
they haven't come in yet, but i'm getting the supercrew sound single 10 box, with a JL 10w3v3. UPS is supposed to deliver them both on tuesday, so i figured i get everything installed this weekend so all i gotta do is put in the sub and box

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good install, but a suggestion would be to share a common ground. And also the seat belt resistance on my CC is around 1 ohm... Majority of seat belt bolts are bad grounds due to the type of metal used, but im sure u wont notice too much of a difference with that amp. I like how clean it is tho.

·
Registered
94 Posts
adidas_man, I just noticed your kids shirt. Rock Chalk!

Kranz38, in a CC with an amp mounted on the back wall like that, where would you suggest grounding it then? Your comment took me by surprise. I had no idea that could make a difference. Could that have anything to do with why I'm kind of feeling unsatisfied with the power I'm getting from my amp?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Z71jayhawk said:
adidas_man, I just noticed your kids shirt. Rock Chalk!

Kranz38, in a CC with an amp mounted on the back wall like that, where would you suggest grounding it then? Your comment took me by surprise. I had no idea that could make a difference. Could that have anything to do with why I'm kind of feeling unsatisfied with the power I'm getting from my amp?
You will be fine having your grounds on the seat belt bolts as long as you ground the paint off before doing so. I have had my ground for my amp there for a year and it is fine. You should not be able to notice a power loss from this.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks, I did not grind the paint off. I guess the seats are coming out, yet again!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
adidas_man said:
...results in this.
Total Mobile Audio
Very clean install adidas_man. But for the sake of the audio illiterate, such as myself, :? could you decode the above cryptograph please? Also, what are the smaller boxes? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
dirtydawg said:
adidas_man said:
...results in this.
Total Mobile Audio
Very clean install adidas_man. But for the sake of the audio illiterate, such as myself, :? could you decode the above cryptograph please? Also, what are the smaller boxes? Thanks.
Total Mobile Audio is the brand of the amps.
320.4 and 500.1 are the model numbers of each.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=243

The smaller boxes are the passive crossovers for the front component speakers.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TexasXtreme said:
dirtydawg said:
adidas_man said:
...results in this.
Total Mobile Audio
Total Mobile Audio is the brand of the amps.
320.4 and 500.1 are the model numbers of each.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=243

The smaller boxes are the passive crossovers for the front component speakers.
werd!!!

as for the grounding points, i grinded all of the paint then screwed the grounds in on the bare metal. No problems so far.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More pictures of the sub JL 10W3v3 and supercrewsound box.

sounds prety good to me. not a killer award winning system, but a decent sound and bump.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts