Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
'15 Canyon. Has anyone noticed their rear bumper frowning over time under normal use of the side steps? I weigh 185lb and I think I use the bumper steps an average amount if not less than average and the bumper bends more and more as time goes on. It was a cosmetic issue until the middle of the bumper is now so high that the tailgate hits it when open, scratching my beautiful paint!!

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
'15 Canyon. Has anyone noticed their rear bumper frowning over time under normal use of the side steps? I weight 185lb and I think I use the bumper steps an average amount if not less than average and the bumper bends more and more as time goes on. I was a cosmetic issue until the middle of the bumper is now so high that the tail gate hits it when open, scratching my beautiful paint!!
oh great! :frown2:

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Yeah, do you have any photos? I would really like to see this. Are you saying from standing on the side steps it bent the bumper up in the middle? Really? You are the first one here to have this happen so far. Please show us. Thanks

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I checked mine and it's fine. I weigh 215. Even if you could bend it by standing on the step, it should only bend at the frame attachment point, not the middle. I have to think you backed into something or someone bumped your parked truck.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Let's see here. You made 4 posts all complaints. Got any photos? By the way, welcome to the forum. Bent bumper from standing on it? 185 pds? Anybody heard of this one before?

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Not the best pic, but you can see the distortion at the corner where the step starts.
Wow.....I honestly can’t see much - might be the lighting or camera angle.
What does the other side look like? Have you taken measurements and compared the two sides?

How often do you use the corner steps? If you’re using them constantly - maybe there’s some fatigue with the metal/plastic. ? Are you still under warranty - and if yes - have you consulted your dealership?

I honestly don’t know the logistics of the bumper & plastic - whether its all one piece or bolted to the sides or what. Have you crawled underneath to take a look?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This sounds similar to my problem, I was rear ended last week and when I pulled to the side of the road the other driver drove away. I only have slight damage to my rear bumper, but it is pushed up in the middle and that makes it look like both ends are too low. My deductable on my ins. policy is 500.00 needless to say I won't be turning this in to them. I am looking for a straight rear bumper that will fit a 2015 canyon if anyone has one.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Not the best pic, but you can see the distortion at the corner where the step starts.
I'm not seeing a thing wrong with this bumper. Maybe a better photo of the damage? I have used the side steps a lot and weigh 190 pds and haven't seen any damage.
I'm not saying it can't happen but I haven't seen it yet. >:)

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
It's super flimsy. I damaged it offroad and bent it back by hand! I've never seen such thin metal on a bumper.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
That's Superman lol. Bends steel with his bare hands! :surprise:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine isn’t really “frowning” but the plastic part on each side on the top of the bumper appears to go downhill toward the back of the truck...if that makes sense. The bumper doesn’t look to be level front to back. I don’t even use my corner steps, I’ve maybe stepped on the bumper 10 times. I put a cover on my receiver when the truck was new and the space between the top of the cover and the bottom of he bumper has not changed. Meaning it has looks like this since the first day I had it. At first I thought it was just the lighting or something, but the top of the number is definitely not level. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yesterday I noticed my bumper is now bent or misaligned and I remembered this thread.
Dug up a photo from about a year ago showing it was clearly straight. Disappointing.

Blew out my knee years ago, so I do use the steps, and I weigh about 190.

Going to crawl under there later today, hopefully it can be adjusted and isn't actually bent.

04-2018:

06-2017:

Reactions: F8LZ71 and JBT

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Yesterday I noticed my bumper is now bent or misaligned and I remembered this thread.
Dug up a photo from about a year ago showing it was clearly straight. Disappointing.

Blew out my knee years ago, so I do use the steps, and I weigh about 190.

Going to crawl under there later today, hopefully it can be adjusted and isn't actually bent.
Weird, you know I use the center space as a step more to wash the top of my cap and haven't seen anything bend yet. I don't use the side steps as much. It's almost like the brackets or what ever is holding the bumper on the truck is bending.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am here to Help

(Picture that 0300 attorney infomercial)

Do you see this?
This is a travesty, BUT...
I'm here to help...
I have, out of the kindness of my heart, and my short inseam...>:)
volunteered TO SAVE, just one of you from this happening!

"What do I have to do TO BE SAVED?" you ask?
well, since you asked,

Just roll your weak-assed corner-step Bumper THAT IS NOW DOCUMENTED TO BREAK AND CRIPLE YOU, to BEAUTIFUL Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
JP will SAVE YOU from certain death and swap you for a BRAND NEW (birthdate of 03/30/2018 ) ZR2 Bumper that WILL NOT KILL YOU!!!
AND AT NO CHARGE!!! WOW!!!

You're welcome.

and now back to your regular programming... :rofl

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.