Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new here but have read alot of the reviews and complaints about these trucks..having said that..i bought a new 2019 z71 coloadro last saturday 12/8/18 ...took truck home and love it ( came from a tacoma trd pro nothing but trouble) everything seemed fine..till this saturday..12/15/18 i was leaving work at 1pm as im a tec with volovo get in truck start it up go to pull out and see water running down back window on to seats and back rests..im like are you kiding me...went right to dealer who is 2 dealers down from me..walked in saw sales manger he asked how i liked truck i said fine execpt water pouring into truck..thats when they hurried me off sales floor to a office and asked what was wrong i told them and said u have 2 choices either fix it or give me a new truck as i paided for this out right no loan or anything..they took me to service wrote truck up and gave me a loaner..which sucks its the small suv..i asked the writer about other trucks having leaks and she said she never heard of it..which i know is a lie as ive read these forums...before buying and joining...

i thought since i havent seen any posts about 2018 or 2019 leaks they fixed the problem the truck is 1 week old has 110 miles on it...hopefully they fix it and i will ask for a head liner/carpets if i see stains

anyone else with a 2019 or 2018 have water leaks like this oh and to top it off they parked the truck outside till monday till they can look at it and its raining i even asked about that the writer said it should be good i said it it isnt you will hear about it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the link im printing the pics and someothers i found on here and when i go to dealer on monday to see if they fixed the truck i will be looking for these problems....i just hope they dont say we water tested and found no leaks ...i work in the field and deal with water leaks all the time volvos leak like a ship lost its bottom....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update got truck back they replaced the whole back window headliner and 3rd brake light assmbly as well as replaced the rugs and rear seats as they left truck outside during heavy rain

all seems good now they even gave me free oil changes for 2 years to not make a stink about there goof

·
Registered
659 Posts
Glad to hear it was resolved. Water leaks are a pain!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like your dealer did good by replacing the carpet, headliner and back seat. Most would just cleaned them and called it a day.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I will have to check ours too. This sucks bigtime. This exact same issue is one of the reasons I got rid of the Power Wagon, It leaked, was molding & musty & no matter what we did or dealer did, it kept leaking. New gasket on brake light, new gaskets on roof clearance lights, replaced rear window & seal 3x, then even tried silicone on all of them, to no avail. Before we traded it, I had to put an electric space heater in it & 2 small high velocity fans inside, all on high, with a window cracked, for a week, just to dry it out. It had ice on the inside of windows.

There is no excuse for this. They have been making trucks for 122 yrs & they still cant even keep the rain out ---WTF !!!

Just checked it & all seems well. This crap is one of the reasons we ordered vinyl floors in this one but it seems to me that the foam padding that is attached to the backside of the vinyl could trap water & mold if it was to leak. IDK. So far-so good, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi new here but have read alot of the reviews and complaints about these trucks..having said that..i bought a new 2019 z71 coloadro last saturday 12/8/18 ...took truck home and love it ( came from a tacoma trd pro nothing but trouble) everything seemed fine..till this saturday..12/15/18 i was leaving work at 1pm as im a tec with volovo get in truck start it up go to pull out and see water running down back window on to seats and back rests..im like are you kiding me...went right to dealer who is 2 dealers down from me..walked in saw sales manger he asked how i liked truck i said fine execpt water pouring into truck..thats when they hurried me off sales floor to a office and asked what was wrong i told them and said u have 2 choices either fix it or give me a new truck as i paided for this out right no loan or anything..they took me to service wrote truck up and gave me a loaner..which sucks its the small suv..i asked the writer about other trucks having leaks and she said she never heard of it..which i know is a lie as ive read these forums...before buying and joining...

i thought since i havent seen any posts about 2018 or 2019 leaks they fixed the problem the truck is 1 week old has 110 miles on it...hopefully they fix it and i will ask for a head liner/carpets if i see stains

anyone else with a 2019 or 2018 have water leaks like this oh and to top it off they parked the truck outside till monday till they can look at it and its raining i even asked about that the writer said it should be good i said it it isnt you will hear about it
I have a 2019 Colorado that has water leaking into the front floor board carpet. Brought it to the dealer and they put it through a car wash for several hours but no water came in. While at the dealer I lightly sprayed water under the hood on the firewall and water started leaking into the floor board. Chevy technical department stated that water should not get on the firewall during normal driving therefor this in not the source of the leakage - unless it is driven through standing water. Later after driving in a significant rain storm I checked the carpet for water. On the surface it did not appear to be wet so I checked under the carpet and the pad was soaked. The service department stated the only way they can find the leak is to come in during a rain storm. It is now getting cold so good luck with that. Wondering if any other Colorado or Canyon owner has experience this issue. This issue may be detected by seeing moisture on the underside of the rubber floor mat or lifting up the carpet and touching the carpet pad.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I got the EXACT same problem. Now have water stains above the back right headliner. First time I saw the water, it was raining and I though maybe something I set in the back seat was alittle wet. BUT, then went to the car wash today - saw soap dripping from the back right corner. Looked closer and saw the water rings from the rains last month. This is a brand new 2019 truck. Up until now, issues with the touch screen/radio and AC I was willing to put up with for a little while. This issue put me over the the TOP! See what the dealer is going to do about it. Water rings on my interior roof does not work for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts