Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many posts where people have said 2" leveled their truck perfectly. But I've seen a few who say they were higher up front afterwards and needed a 1" block in the rear.
I'm curious how many of you have done a 2" leveling kit and ultimately thought it was too much?

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,063 Posts
As you are seeing, everyone's experience is slightly different due to a plethora of variables including truck weight, options, aftermarket additions, suspension age/usage , etc. Don't forget to take weight transfer into account as well. Meaning the higher the front goes, the more weight is offloaded to the rear and will "seesaw" your truck. A 2" level might be 2.25" once things settle and 0.25" lower in the rear. Ultimately it just depends on YOUR truck and how "level" you want it to sit. Some don't want perfectly level and add the block to kick the rear up a smidge, some are fine with a little over or under. Purely a subjective opinion. Take your own measurements and do your own due diligence, then make a judgement call for yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
What does your front measure vs your rear ? A tape measure would probably answer your question.

Reactions: JDL24

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
go to a flat parking lot, maybe your garage, take a 4 foot level with you, lay it on the bed of the truck, raise the front 1 inch then 2 inches and see how it looks on the bubble..that is what I did and went with the 1 inch rc

The GM and RC leveling kits, will raise the vehicle 1-1.25ish inches

RC leveling struts raise it 2 inches, like above,

severl companies make a 1 and a 2 inch leveling kit but any that I have read on here that did a 2 inch later raised the rear unless they were planning on installing a huge bumper and or winch on the front...

·
Registered
2018 Z71 ext cab 3.6L.
49 Posts
Agreed with all of the measure YOUR truck comments. I have a 18 Z71 ext cab. My measurements told me that the rear was just under 1.75” higher than the front. A Zone 1.25” level made it look about perfect in my eyes. So yeah measure what you have.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Still lower in front by 1/2" and 3/4" after the Zone spacer. That gained me 1".
On both sides ? Your truck is level left to right ? My truck is about 1/2" lower on the driver side than the passenger side (need to adjust my king coilovers still). At times it has been an inch lower on the driver side*.

*All measurements were taken with a full tank of fuel using the same methodology and tape measure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts