Will a vs12l5 kicker enclosed sub be alot louder than a jl audio stealth
box, because recently i have heard the box plays a big role
in a subs volume level, so now i am wondering if this kicker sub
in the kicker ported box will be louder than my current stealth box, if so
how much louder are we talking.

·
Banned
433 Posts
ported boxes are going to be louder than sealed enclosures. its not a question of how much louder but what exactly soundwise are you looking for. ported is louder but sealed is a more crisp base. also building a custom box for your sub makes a huge difference instead of just have a generic box as the dimensions play a part in how much air space is need and other things. Especially if you are going ported, then dimensions need to be right or a $300 sub will sound like crap.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The box is made by the sub manufacter (kicker) and it comes pre loaded with the sub, i looked into the dimensions and the box's dimensions fall pretty close to the middle between the largest and smallest dimensions reccomended , i am looking for more bass, and from what i have read these subs pound, and my jl stealth box doesnt meet my standards but i have not heard anything else yet. There is no where i can really listen to them either. My stealth box adds kick, but i am looking for some serious bass, and i heard these enclosure/sub combos deliver. But the point of this thread was to ask if i am going to notice a big difference or if my stealth box delivers alot of bass and i am just hard to please.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
To answer your question....Yes and very much so.
Going from a sealed 10 to a ported 12 will be a big increase in volume.
I'm not going to try to explain the advantages/disadvantages of each setup.
Sounds like you want loud bass so go for it. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts