Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Topic is that it takes multiple presses on they key fob to lock the doors. They partially engage visibly both of them at the same time same position. Not locked. 3 presses sometimes it works. No window issues like my searches provided in combo with the locks. Its odd that both don't engage and behave the exact same way. Gen 1 2006 Extended Cab. I tried searching it here. No luck. The buttons work on the key fob to program the alarm 4 settings without issue. So either its not giving the locks enough power or something? Its just odd that both at the same time stopped fully engaging. When I lock the doors while in the truck or when they auto lock (standard 5 speed, 3.5l) everything works fine. The door locks engage. Now when I use the key fob, the alarm activates and I can still open the door and it activates the alarm. Like I said 3-4 presses when they are both partially engaged.

Any tips for what to look at? Seems like a power issue or maybe a worn relay?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I know this is a standard answer but, the 1st gens had all sorts of weird electrical issues that many originated at.....drumroll, those damn grounding blocks.

Before you go nuts,try checking those 1st. You will see one on both inner fenders, the passenger side is near the the air cleaner, and the drivers side is around the same area. It is a 10mm bolt, which you need to remove, sand the body down a little, put on a star washer if you have one, then retighten. Also, you may want to open the plug up and make sure you have no corroded terminals there.

Let me see if I can find a good picture of what Im talking about.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.