Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered 15537 with my truck being a 07 Xtreme...... :x Of course it didn't fit.... I have the angled TB, so the intake pipe didn't work, the silicone elbow didn't even fit and the airbox came without the air pump fitting. Just called volant and had to send them pic's...:evil:

God ****.... No go... Buddy said to return the item to my dealer and purchase a 150376/15037

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thats pretty sh!tty. Its strange your 07 has the angled throttle body that "supposedly" was only late 08 and newer. Sorry it didnt work out for you. I dont see why they didnt work somethin out with ya

·
Registered
28 Posts
Everything was corrected now by the volant dealer I was working with. I still don't know why my 07 Xtreme 3.7L has an angled TB when those didn't appear supposedly until 09.

Thanks again spyder79. Everything went in smooth with #15037 and the truck is running fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Everything was corrected now by the volant dealer I was working with. I still don't know why my 07 Xtreme 3.7L has an angled TB when those didn't appear supposedly until 09.

Thanks again spyder79. Everything went in smooth with #15037 and the truck is running fine.

Glad it all worked out. I wonder if Volant maybe had a mix up when they were doing their R&D for these trucks. Cause that throttle body design "supposedly" didn't come out till late 08. Oh well least its all good now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 GMC Canyon SL with the 3.7L 5 cylinder, 26000 miles. I just ordered a Volant CAI for my truck two days ago and it should be here in a week. I have been reading on here (though all older posts and not 08s) about issues people have installing this intake and wanted to get some input. Did Volant fix the issue with the air pump intake or do you still have to modify the box? Do many people experience the "lean" code after installing this box and/or is this code thrown due to their not disconnecting the neg battery terminal to allow for a computer reset? Does anyone know of any actual instructions (not the BS parts included diagram that Volant calls instructions) for install? Yes, I know it is not the most complicated thing in the world to do but I like to have something to fall back on if I hit a snag.

Now before you say use the search function I have and nothing I have found answers the questions I have. I have also been searching the net and youtube and have found nothing that gives insight into my truck year. Seems that everyone has done this to the 07 with my engine but none to the 08 (all the 08 information I found is the 4 cylinder).

Thanks in advance. 😁
I bought mine off Amazon in November 2012. Nothing was fitting so I contacted Volant In January 2013 and in about a month or two they sent me the box, remade, at no added cost. It fit well and install was pretty easy (coming from a novice).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2008 GMC Canyon SL with the 3.7L 5 cylinder, 26000 miles. I just ordered a Volant CAI for my truck two days ago and it should be here in a week. I have been reading on here (though all older posts and not 08s) about issues people have installing this intake and wanted to get some input. Did Volant fix the issue with the air pump intake or do you still have to modify the box? Do many people experience the "lean" code after installing this box and/or is this code thrown due to their not disconnecting the neg battery terminal to allow for a computer reset? Does anyone know of any actual instructions (not the BS parts included diagram that Volant calls instructions) for install? Yes, I know it is not the most complicated thing in the world to do but I like to have something to fall back on if I hit a snag.

Now before you say use the search function I have and nothing I have found answers the questions I have. I have also been searching the net and youtube and have found nothing that gives insight into my truck year. Seems that everyone has done this to the 07 with my engine but none to the 08 (all the 08 information I found is the 4 cylinder).

Thanks in advance. 😁
I put one on my 2012 without issue. Mine is a 5.3 tho

21 - 26 of 26 Posts