Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving at about 50 MPH, I notice a noise if I turn the wheel slightly to make a slight adjustment. I've recently replaced inner and outer tie rod ends and hub bearings in the front end. I'm thinking it must be a rear end problem. It is smooth and quiet when going straight, but if I turn the wheel even very slightly, I can hear and feel the noise/vibration. Any ideas? It's not terribly loud, but it's obviously there. Had the front end aligned a few days ago, and it didn't change it. I'm wondering if rear wheel bearings will cause some end play and if that is making the noise.
I'd appreciate any input.

·
Registered
850 Posts
When driving at about 50 MPH, I notice a noise if I turn the wheel slightly to make a slight adjustment. I've recently replaced inner and outer tie rod ends and hub bearings in the front end. I'm thinking it must be a rear end problem. It is smooth and quiet when going straight, but if I turn the wheel even very slightly, I can hear and feel the noise/vibration. Any ideas? It's not terribly loud, but it's obviously there. Had the front end aligned a few days ago, and it didn't change it. I'm wondering if rear wheel bearings will cause some end play and if that is making the noise.
I'd appreciate any input.
Recheck the bearings. Possibly a bad replacement bearing, maybe not packed enough or come loose, or just a bad bearing. I can’t tell you how many replacement hub assembly’s I’ve had to redo because they were bad from manufacturing.When turning really makes it sound like a front wheel bearing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. There no "play" in the hub when I check it. Also, the noise is the same when turning left or right, and all I have to do is turn it very slightly to make an adjustment. If I let go of the steering wheel, it's perfect, but eventually it needs slight steering adjustment and the slightest movement of the steering wheel brings on the noise and vibration feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.