Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I4-2007 4X4 Colorado

Truck when cold seems to have a heavy vibration through the steering. It take like a good hour to finally go away. It happens anytime it is below freezing. does anyone else notice this. Anytime above 30 degrees, it feels normal. Just concerned, thanks

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Not normal....it usually revs higher for a little while when its cold to help warm up. That should make it feel a little smoother. Have you checked your throttle body out? I know its a new truck, but they get dirty pretty fast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have cleaned the TB, and the overall Truck runs great. I have had it to the dealer and they haven't been able to find anything. I have had it on a lift to examine the body and engine mounts, but nothing seems to be crushed or out of place there. When you feel the motor, it seems to be running smooth like always. It is just that the vibration seems to follow up the steering column. At the firewall, you can barely feel the vibration, but as the steering extends from it, the vibration seems more pronounced. I was wondering if that boot on the steering shaft on the firewall is hard or going bad, that is why there is vibration there.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My 2004 had to get a PCM update to resolve vibration, but an aftermarket muffler and exhaust really made a difference, in my opinion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also have the same problem. 2005 Colorado 3.5 48,000kmi. It's subtle but noticable and annoying !!
Hope someone finds the problem soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts