Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in ExPo there are a few dudes with twins going. Anyone on here?

If not, stay tuned here for pics.

Reactions: maxwell_hau5_caffy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Missed catching up with you all up there. I saw a grey Colorado from a distance. We ended up hitting a bunch of trails up in Washington then back down to Woodstock on Friday. Did Plymouth, vomit mountain and Dorset on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Missed catching up with you all up there. I saw a grey Colorado from a distance. We ended up hitting a bunch of trails up in Washington then back down to Woodstock on Friday. Did Plymouth, vomit mountain and Dorset on Saturday.

That grey truck was probably me. I got a chance to hook up with [email protected] and hit a few trails.

Here's some pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
That grey truck was probably me. I got a chance to hook up with [email protected] and hit a few trails.

Here's some pictures:
That is the one. Those look like the trails up 12 from Woodstock. We did a short section of them this year, but most of them last year. I remember there was a tricky little creek crossing.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a great time. Didn't get a ton of pics unfortunately. I'll post some up after I recover from missing 8 days in the office. Yikes!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Details on the rack setup? Looking into a similar setup, but can't make up my mind. Also found out that the radio antenna kinda takes a poop on anything low profile.
The rack was a backyard welding project, and certainly looks it up close. It's built in 3 pieces for ease of removal and storage.

The 2 uprights and the top piece. The top piece slides down on smaller diameter pipe inserts welded into the uprights, and then 4 pins hold it in for safety. The uprights are welded onto a piece of 2" flat stock held down by the softopper rails and softopper clamps(I bought 4 additional clamps just for piece of mind.) I also welded a couple plates down off the flat stock at a 90 degree angle that sit against the bed and keep it from kicking out.

As far as the radio, do you mean the CB antenna or regular truck antenna? My CB works good enough with that antenna for talking to the other guys I'm with on the trail, that's all I really use it for. Day to day I just run the truck with a tonneau cover, the rack and tent only go on for some camping/ overlanding trips

Anyway let me know if you have any other questions about my set up.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know it's still several months away, but I'm sitting in jury duty bored. Anyone planning on coming this year? I'll be there again.
I'm coming back up for the Overland bike race the month before and then probably Expo East. Next year I think I'll do the Rally again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.