Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many hours of research I chose the Corsa because it is supposed to be quiet and have no drone....Well...

OMG what a brain rattling, nausea producing drone noise from hell! Cruising under very light throttle and load it was quiet as a mouse. Put your foot in it a little and at some rpm's and load it sounded like someone mounted a 12" subwoofer under my truck and pumped 1000 watts to it buzzing the whole cabin. My theory is the muffler skin is weak and it vibrates like a speaker. You hit it with your hand and it sounds like a hollow bell. Piece of crap. Being that the thing wasn't cheap, needless to say I was very disappointed. Its on it way back to the vender now.

Another thing worth noting is I never really looked at the exhaust on my truck. It has a very nicely mandrel bent tubing that looks to be nearly 3". Looks like top notch quality. I'm pretty sure I will never touch the exhaust again. Already waisted $150 in shipping. I guess I got to learn the hard way. sheeeet!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience. I gotta say. I like the sound of my v6 stock. Doubt I'm going to do anything with it.
I tend to agree. The more I read these exhaust threads, the more I pay attention to how the stock exhaust sounds, especially when I romp on it. Frankly I think it sounds pretty good. Sound aside, I don't really think there is much to gain power wise with an aftermarket cat-back. Maybe a full exhaust, but I don't know, since you can't upgrade the headers. My thought is for half the money (or less) I can load a tune and realize a noticeable increase in power. Of course that's just me. I'm more of a power guy than a "how it sounds" guy.
Thanks to all who have purchased products and reported back!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks makes a great sounding full exhaust system. 3", stainless and you can upgrade it with the 3" collector pipes. It's pricy, but I enjoy the sound with no drone at all. I down sized from a V8 Chevy. Tunes next up.
Visit Mallettcars.com and checkout their site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah, I installed the Mallett full exhaust (manufactured by Kooks Headers). The fabrication was top-notch. That might not matter because no one else will ever see it to appreciate it, but it also gave the truck a nice little boost in performance without making the truck ridiculously loud.

Before buying the Mallett system, I had looked into the Corsa, as well. Someone else complained about it being loud, and it's loud as piss on the Ford Raptor (and not in a pleasant way).

For whatever it's worth, here's a link to the YouTube video I made. No, I'm not being paid by them. It's just a damn fine piece of work, and I'm very happy with both it's performance increase and relative quietness in the cabin. The only time it makes noticeable noise (above the sound of my tires gently humming) is when I'm putting my foot into it on purpose, and then it's kinda nice to get some audible feedback. But even then, it's not overwhelming.

I had a loud exhaust on my old truck, and it drove me crazy over time. I guess I'm getting old. Anyway, I looked around for a "quiet" exhaust, if there is such a thing, and Mallett fit the bill.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I really liked the Corsa performance exhaust, thought it sounded perfect esp for a v6, wife not so much. Everyone's ear is diff on what they like and dislike.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, I installed the Mallett full exhaust (manufactured by Kooks Headers). The fabrication was top-notch. That might not matter because no one else will ever see it to appreciate it, but it also gave the truck a nice little boost in performance without making the truck ridiculously loud.

Before buying the Mallett system, I had looked into the Corsa, as well. Someone else complained about it being loud, and it's loud as piss on the Ford Raptor (and not in a pleasant way).

For whatever it's worth, here's a link to the YouTube video I made. No, I'm not being paid by them. It's just a damn fine piece of work, and I'm very happy with both it's performance increase and relative quietness in the cabin. The only time it makes noticeable noise (above the sound of my tires gently humming) is when I'm putting my foot into it on purpose, and then it's kinda nice to get some audible feedback. But even then, it's not overwhelming.

I had a loud exhaust on my old truck, and it drove me crazy over time. I guess I'm getting old. Anyway, I looked around for a "quiet" exhaust, if there is such a thing, and Mallett fit the bill.

Nice video and truck! That's what these forums are for. Sharing info!!

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which corsa exhaust did you go with? They a db series that is supposed to be similar to stock but with throatier WOT

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
24744 it said DB on the tip, Ill find a link to it real quick.....

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MG2M0Y5/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

it buzzed the whole cabin around 2500 to 3500 depending on load/how much you punch it. And I was just driving normal, not like hot rodding even, not even close to WOT. I really think it would be fairly quiet if the muffler wasn't made like a bell, slap your hand on it and it rang like a bell! In other words I think it was vibrating like a speaker, not loud out of the tip....

·
Registered
238 Posts
That is very odd. I wonder if you received a bad muffler. I've only heard good things about the db exhaust. The v6 tends to have a more raspy note to it as well, theres probably a sweet spot in the throttle that makes it resonate

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is very odd. I wonder if you received a bad muffler. I've only heard good things about the db exhaust. The v6 tends to have a more raspy note to it as well, theres probably a sweet spot in the throttle that makes it resonate

yes. exactly, a not so sweet spot that resonated, bad.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.