Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to upgrade the horn. I used to have a train horn with compressor. I loved that thing but the compressor was bulky and loud. Looking for something as plug and play as possible. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Summit Racing has a variety of horns available. Installation is fairly easy, you'll need to run high amp line from near the battery and a relay from the horn wire. Simple and inexpensive.

I installed this one. It's pretty loud. But I don't like it because it's kind of high pitched. It sounds european, not like an american truck should sound.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I found an unlocked '17 Ram pickup on a dealer lot and tried the horn and it was amazing. Way better than my '15 Ram so they must have changed them. Check those facts carefully though before you buy.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm going to mount some of these on the roof and do the same slick plumbing setup.

Reactions: Matt At

·
Registered
11 Posts
i bought a set of hadley bully air horns for under the hood, if anyone has a set, any ideas as to where to mount the tank and compressor would be appreciated. i checked youtube and one guy mounted the whole setup on the frame rail,(F-350) but seeing as tho the frame is boxed, and i live in new york(snow) not fond of installing them that way. the only thing i am sure of is i will be mounting the horns in the grill. again any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Summit Racing has a variety of horns available. Installation is fairly easy, you'll need to run high amp line from near the battery and a relay from the horn wire. Simple and inexpensive.

I installed this one. It's pretty loud. But I don't like it because it's kind of high pitched. It sounds european, not like an american truck should sound.
I gotta laugh...

I've got some similar to these

Sounded like I stepped on my drive shaft... :surprise:

I wired back the stock to use in conjunction with these and it sounds more like a man again, sort of

·
Registered
11 Posts
after seeing what it takes just to get behind the grill on these trucks(way too much work!)i might put a backrack on mine and mount the horns there, or send them back and forget about it, I dont like the hella horns(they sound kinda cheesy)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.