Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Colorado Z71
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 2022 Z71. While looking under the hood I noticed that there appeared to be a black trim piece missing from the driver's side, under the hood where the hood closes on the inner fender panel. I went to the local dealship and he popped the hood on a customers truck and it had the trim/cover on both sides. Online I found pics with and without a trim/cover over the inner fender area under the hood.

Anyone else notice this? Does anyone have a 2022 Z71 with a black inner fender cover on the drivers side?

I am attaching pictures of both sides for comparison.

Have a great weekend!
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Reflex camera
Air gun Trigger Bumper Shotgun Gas

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have noticed that on a handful of our 2022 inventory that is landing. Firstly I would ask your dealership about getting that part installed. I'm sure the part is inexpensive.

Second note is that the cowling on the passenger side is to prevent hot air from the engine bay from being sucked into the air intake. These trucks have a pseudo Cold Air Intake that draws fresh cooler air from the fender well, the cowling prevents it from sucking in the hot air from around the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
And apparently Ford is short on their "blue emblem" the part shortages and how they choose to ship is an odd business indeed. On this one I think I would be OK getting the truck sooner and then adding the part later when available but should be explained better to buyers!

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Colorado Z71
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And apparently Ford is short on their "blue emblem" the part shortages and how they choose to ship is an odd business indeed. On this one I think I would be OK getting the truck sooner and then adding the part later when available but should be explained better to buyers!
That's what they did with the "Rear Parking Assist" feature. My truck has the sensors and the button on the dash but the feature does not work. They told me that it was due to the chip shortage and that when the chips were available I would be notified and it would be installed so the feature would work.

They also knocked $50 off the price of a truck which was awesome. Not sure I could have afforded $40,050 :cool:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
They won't give it to you, here's what I found in the Parts Catalog:

4 (23440910)-Part Number 08.160 SHIELD, F/CMPT SI SIGHT (USED ON VEHS BUILT PRIOR TO 28FEB2022) (VEHS BUILT AFTER THIS DATE WERE NOT BUILT W/SHIELD) 2T,2U,2V 2022 - 2022 01 11E 3395A Dealer cost is closer to $10 than to $20, no MSRP was given.

Sorry, forgot to include the fasteners:

11589289 RETAINER, PUSH-IN,FITS 6.5 HOLE,2-4.5 THK PNL,NYLON 6/6 PER GMP.PA66.0 (INT AIR SPH SHLD (PUSH IN))

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
414 Posts
Unbelievable that they deliver vehicles with missing parts. I can see a feature being disabled or not operational until parts become available. A missing trim like that may seem like nothing but GM designed and built it so it has importance.

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
414 Posts

4 (23440910)-Part Number 08.160 SHIELD, F/CMPT SI SIGHT (USED ON VEHS BUILT PRIOR TO 28FEB2022) (VEHS BUILT AFTER THIS DATE WERE NOT BUILT W/SHIELD) 2T,2U,2V 2022 - 2022 01 11E 3395A Dealer cost is closer to $10 than to $20, no MSRP was given.

And don't forget the fasteners.

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Totally agree. GM designed and built that part for a reason. That is ridiculous they are now omitting it.

Been a Chevy guy since before I could drive. They are making it more and more difficult to be a fan of the brand.
Not a GM purist and they have been wrong multiple times, but to play devils advocate it might have been an appearance/symmetry part and was cut to spend that increasingly limited production/transportation/shipping capacity elsewhere ?

I can see why it's still on the airbox side to help take in colder air but on the driver side that little piece doesn't do much. I've removed/reinstalled it several times as that area provides a very convenient place to run power/RF lines.

Reactions: MDDrudge

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Reactions: Mad German

·
Registered
115 Posts

Sorry, forgot to include the fasteners:

11589289 RETAINER, PUSH-IN,FITS 6.5 HOLE,2-4.5 THK PNL,NYLON 6/6 PER GMP.PA66.0 (INT AIR SPH SHLD (PUSH IN))

Thank you! I poked around on gmpartsdirect.com before trying to find them, but couldn't. That part number pulls up at $13.37

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Thank you! I poked around on gmpartsdirect.com before trying to find them, but couldn't. That part number pulls up at $13.37

IMO that's a good price, normally the Parts Catalog lists MSRP, as I'm not allowed to post dealer cost publicly, but this part didn't have it, my guess is supply is low, which is why it's not listed. If you can get it and you want it, I would grab it and the fasteners as I'm sure it's scarce.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just got the trim piece delivered. Forgot I also need the front piece up by the headlight..
Motor vehicle Hood Car Vehicle Automotive exterior

Also got the rear seat delete covers. Didn't realize how small they were for a $30 plastic piece.. oh well. Just need to rip the rest out and build a platform now.

Steering part Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Colorado Z71
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got the trim piece delivered. Forgot I also need the front piece up by the headlight..
View attachment 435401

Also got the rear seat delete covers. Didn't realize how small they were for a $30 plastic piece.. oh well. Just need to rip the rest out and build a platform now.

View attachment 435402
Do you have the part number for the other piece the covers the top where the headlight are?

Also, what are you type pf platform are you building where the rear seats are at?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do you have the part number for the other piece the covers the top where the headlight are?

Also, what are you type pf platform are you building where the rear seats are at?
No idea on that part number. Gonna have to do some digging.

Platform will probably be just a basic flat one with a hinge to store my recovery strap, compressor and ratchet straps under. There's a few threads about seat deletes around here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts