Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just took my steps off my LT cause all i did was scrape my calves on it, but now i have the ugly metal strip underneath the truck showing and id like to cover it up.
Any ideas?
Lol,that ugly metal strip was part of the reason I put my steps on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Someone here used bedliner spray. I'd like to do that too. I have the steps but that area still shows. I'm a bit surprised the factory would leave that ugliness exposed on such an otherwise beautiful truck.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
968 Posts
I used black bedliner spray on my pinch-weld strip. Cheap, quick, and easy.
Yes, appalling they don't deal with it from the factory, but it literally disappears.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Paint it black to blend with the frame visually, or get a tight fitting set of step bars. The area is underbody, and gonna get sand blasted anyway, so the paint job ain't gotta be a Picasso.

Attachments

Reactions: FLTRI

·
Registered
968 Posts
Somehow failed to paste the end-result in my earlier post.
But if I hadn't lowered it (stock ride-height in these photos), I'd have probably kept my step-rails, which definitely hid the weld strip.

·
Registered
561 Posts
yup, it really does disappear. Used rubberized rocker panel spray. Masked off carefully and it looks great. Second pic I just wanted to show off new bull bar and lights!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
@FLTRI The RC nerf steps are nice but I don't need steps because my legs are long enough and everyone else getting in the truck can suck it up.

Btw, nice truck. I like that HD design you have back there. I always wanted to put something similar on my truck except not HD, something else but I don't know what.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Reactions: maxbee25

·
Registered
28 Posts
@FLTRI The RC nerf steps are nice but I don't need steps because my legs are long enough and everyone else getting in the truck can suck it up.

Btw, nice truck. I like that HD design you have back there. I always wanted to put something similar on my truck except not HD, something else but I don't know what.
Thanks Man, I appreciate it! The steps were for my wife. I'm 6'2" so they aren't really needed (for me) either. Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Do a Google image search for Pickup Graphics or Vertical Truck Stripes, that's how I found mine. Tons of different ones out there. 4X4, Bowtie, etc. Maybe you'll find something you like. The nice thing about them is they are relatively cheap, and if I don't like it in six months, it's easy to just peel off...

Reactions: maxbee25
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.