Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have suffered from back pain since 1968. My first test drive of the ZR2, I thought the seats were uncomfortable. But, I wanted the truck so got it anyway. Yesterday I drove 150 miles. I got home and realized my back felt fine. I like the fact that they are little on the "stiff" side.

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
I have suffered from back pain since 1968. My first test drive of the ZR2, I thought the seats were uncomfortable. But, I wanted the truck so got it anyway. Yesterday I drove 150 miles. I got home and realized my back felt fine. I like the fact that they are little on the "stiff" side.
Yeah, same here. I love how stiff the Z71 cloth and leather seats are on my old back. I can actually drive 9 or 10 hours a day when traveling and my back and leg doesn't even bother me. I couldn't do that in my old trucks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It’s funny how we all feel so different about the comfort of these seats. My wife says I have a frog butt. Meaning I have no ass just a crack in my lower back.

For me, the cloth seats are okay but a lot not cushion would have been better. Even after 30K miles the seats feel a little stiff. I guess I should’ve opted for the leather.

Gusto!
Well I don't lack in the butt department. I inherited that from my mother. The fatter I get the more seat padding I get.

However, I'm working to reduce that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, same here. I love how stiff the Z71 cloth and leather seats are on my old back. I can actually drive 9 or 10 hours a day when traveling and my back and leg doesn't even bother me. I couldn't do that in my old trucks.
Funny you should mention that. When we drove to Texas from NE Kansas I had to stop several times for that reason in my wife's car. In my truck I've drove 4+ hrs and not needed to stretch.

·
Registered
272 Posts
A firm seat supports you better. This is a longstanding argument on motorcycle forums as well. There are some people who like big, cushy seats. And then there's the guys who ride Corbins. Corbins are rock-hard, but my God, once they break in, they're amazing. I've logged several 1000+ mile days on a Corbin.

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
A firm seat supports you better. This is a longstanding argument on motorcycle forums as well. There are some people who like big, cushy seats. And then there's the guys who ride Corbins. Corbins are rock-hard, but my God, once they break in, they're amazing. I've logged several 1000+ mile days on a Corbin.
A nice firm seat that, thank god didn't get soft thru the years and crank up the lumbar all the way and drive for hours and hours. I love the tough fabric on the Z71's too. It doesn't wear out or look old after years, like my 2007 Z71 Colorado did. I'm really happy with my seats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I test drove a 2019 ZR2 V6 and the seats fit like a glove. Love it. But I wanted a Diesel Bison. By the time (a week) the dealer tried to find me a 2019, we ended up with a 2020. Signed the papers and drove it home. The most miserable seating in the world! But after playing around with the adjustment knobs, its just as good as my test drive in the 2019. I'm coming from a 2016 Buick Enclave and that thing was really comfortable and too me (now that the seat is adjusted) the 2020 ZR2 is just as comfortable.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have a '17 ZR2, am 6'2" tall, weigh 280lbs., have leather seats. Out of all the trucks and Jeeps I have owned, these are the most comfortable seats, along with the ride quality, I have ever rode in. I can ride/drive this truck for days on end and at the end of a trip, I don't feel beat up or my back isn't stiff as a board. The seats are broke in now and even more comfy! OD:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really loved this truck on paper but when I went for a test drive yesterday the seats were the most uncomfortable i think I've ever sat in. I was prepared to purchase based on all the online research I did and I really love the both the exterior and interior but couldn't get beyond the seats. I think I saw a post that some larger folks don't like the seats but i'm not large (5'10" 165 lbs). I went back to my 2012 frontier I was ready to trade in and it was night and day sitting in the seat (frontier much better fit). Anyone else have this experience?
Seats are awful. Surprising how far off Chevy missed the mark on this one. Also, the seats are cheap. There are some threads on seat swaps from other GM models.

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
Seats are awful. Surprising how far off Chevy missed the mark on this one. Also, the seats are cheap. There are some threads on seat swaps from other GM models.
Who has actually swapped their seats for other GM models? Just curious. Most people here really like their seats but there are always complaints. What GM seats from other vehicles have they put in their trucks?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am 6'9'' 340lbs. I own a 2019 Z71. I fit comfortably in my seats. Both sides. I don't have any cushion problems. I literally step in the truck and step out. I have my seat on the lowest setting. My head has clearance.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts