Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
or just swap in the '19 seats when they start to become a bit more readily available...

i think the seats in our '18 z71 are just fine. not great, but not terrible. a more adjustable base would definitely make them better.
I was just wondering how hard it will be to swap/install a 2019 drivers seat in my 2018 Z71.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really loved this truck on paper but when I went for a test drive yesterday the seats were the most uncomfortable i think I've ever sat in. I was prepared to purchase based on all the online research I did and I really love the both the exterior and interior but couldn't get beyond the seats. I think I saw a post that some larger folks don't like the seats but i'm not large (5'10" 165 lbs). I went back to my 2012 frontier I was ready to trade in and it was night and day sitting in the seat (frontier much better fit). Anyone else have this experience?
I find the seats very comfortable (leather). I'm 6'1", 250 and even a long road trip is pleasant. Just lucky I guess

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The seats are trash. Granted, my Denali seats are attractive, but the complete lack of support is inexcusable. They are firm as others have noted, and that's ok with me, I like firm seats. It is the lack of support and any kind of bolstering whatsoever that is really pitiful. Taking even a gradual turn at a moderate speed and I literally feel like my ass is going to slide into the door.

Very unfortunate, to say the least. Crafting an adequate seat isn't rocket science. It takes just as much work to build a bad seat as it does to make a decent one.
That's kinda harsh. I had 2 S10s and two first gen Colorados and these seats in my 2016 Colorado Z71 are the best seats I have ever had in a truck. I love how stiff and supportive they are, and really wouldn't want the bolsters to be any bigger. Seriously, on 10 to 14 hour trips, it's really nice to move my legs around. I definitely don't want to buy a truck with bolstered racing seats. I take really long trips up and down the east coast and these seats are great and the fabric hasn't worn at all in almost 4 years. I definitely don't slide around. My seat belt takes care of that. Do you really slide all over the place?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really loved this truck on paper but when I went for a test drive yesterday the seats were the most uncomfortable i think I've ever sat in. I was prepared to purchase based on all the online research I did and I really love the both the exterior and interior but couldn't get beyond the seats. I think I saw a post that some larger folks don't like the seats but i'm not large (5'10" 165 lbs). I went back to my 2012 frontier I was ready to trade in and it was night and day sitting in the seat (frontier much better fit). Anyone else have this experience?
I have a 2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss (combined leather and fabric seats). They are officially the worst seats I have ever had in a vehicle. After 3 years, they have not gotten better. The bottom is still very hard. The back, even with lumbar back support adjusted, still makes my back sore. They are horrible seats!

I was reading somewhere that they have since changed the seats, but I sat in the 2019 Canyon and Colorado seats (various models) and they are still all such a poorly designed seat -- I did not notice any difference from my 2016. GM designers need to go sit in some Ford seats to learn how to make comfortable seats. Any Ford I have sat in lately has always had comfortable seats (Edge, Explorer, Escape) -- and the new Ranger certainly does not disappoint in this category -- (but in my opinion disappoints in many other areas -- especially its 68-litre fuel tank compared to GM's 79-litre tank -- much appreciated when towing my rv trailer on long camping trips).

I am going to have to spend several hundreds of dollars now on getting the seat redesigned at an upholstery shop if I decide to buy a 2019 Colorado. Very disappointed with GM.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's kinda harsh. I had 2 S10s and two first gen Colorados and these seats in my 2016 Colorado Z71 are the best seats I have ever had in a truck. I love how stiff and supportive they are, and really wouldn't want the bolsters to be any bigger. Seriously, on 10 to 14 hour trips, it's really nice to move my legs around. I definitely don't want to buy a truck with bolstered racing seats. I take really long trips up and down the east coast and these seats are great and the fabric hasn't worn at all in almost 4 years. I definitely don't slide around. My seat belt takes care of that. Do you really slide all over the place?
The seats are bad. I have owned many cars and trucks and currently have 3 others in addition to the Canyon. These are the worst seats of any car I've ever owned. The seats in the 2000 Silverado LT I just sold were light years better. The Canyon seats are like sitting on a park bench, flat, hard and zero support.

I am happy you like them. Believe me, I honestly wish I did too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My fix for now (for my 2018 Z71) is I placed under the front 1/3 of the OEM foam cushion (and between the side bolsters) a two-inch thick cut out piece of aftermarket seat foam, this lifts the front third section just enough to provide suppport under my knees, I’ll see how this works out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
6'1 & 185#, and the Mrs is 5'1 and maybe 100# soaking wet, and the seats in my 16 suit us just fine. Yes they are a little stiff but, not to the point of annoyance. After a minute, its just like any other seat to us.

If it was an issue though, as a couple of people have already mentioned, I wouldnt pass on the truck just because of the seat feelings, Id bring it to a seat guy and let him handle it. The truck is just too nice for me to let my butt be the deciding factor. >:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Both my 2007 and 2018 Colorado have uncomfortable seats but I purchased high quality short fur backless sheepskin seat covers and they made a world of difference. Check out Sheepskinshop.com. Best $109 you will invest for your legs and butt. I also have them in C-max, my wife’s Prius and my mint 94 Z28, none of which have very comfortable seats. Maybe I’m just super sensitive down below.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I will say the seats are not the best, probably because its a mid size truck and not really very wide. I do feel ripped off that the 18's did not come as 6 way seats that included power recline adjustment. That's one of the most used adjustments at least for me.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I will say the seats are not the best, probably because its a mid size truck and not really very wide. I do feel ripped off that the 18's did not come as 6 way seats that included power recline adjustment. That's one of the most used adjustments at least for me.
Why power recline? Do you take a lot of naps during your driving day? :p
I do wish my 2016 had 6 way power when I bought it, but knew that would be coming in the next few years. Oh well. I still really like my seats.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I really like these seats. Not a big guy (5-10 and 160lbs) and these seats fit me perfectly. Not once has my butt fallen asleep.:)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Took a 2000 mile trip in my wife's Wrangler this past weekend and thought of this thread. Totally comfortable. Not Suburban LTZ comfortable, and not Benz comfortable, but painless. Same trip in the Colorado over the past couple years leaves us both grouchy about the sore asses maybe 300 miles into the trip. I'm not planning to sell the Colorado because of the seats but when it's gone, the seats are the biggest reason I'll be happy to see it go.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Why power recline? Do you take a lot of naps during your driving day? :p
I do wish my 2016 had 6 way power when I bought it, but knew that would be coming in the next few years. Oh well. I still really like my seats.
LOL I have been know to post big meal while out, slip into a slumber in the parking lot from the resulting food coma on occasion. :sleep:

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is a truck, not some Lexus to be driven by some pampered princess.

Y'all don't know what uncomfortable seats are. Uncomfortable seats are found in everything painted camouflage used by the military. Try sitting on a 2" wide strap ( HMMWV gunners "seat") for 6 to 8 hours. All the seats in a Bradley Fighting Vehicle. The rear wooden bench seats in a M998/1038 HMMWV, 2 1/2 ton or 5 ton truck.

Better yet, try out the seats on an '09 Chevy C8500... After about ten minutes my legs cramp up. The low back, non- air ride passenger bench seat on our '07 Kenworth T300's are actually worse than what the C8500 has.

Any airline seat outside of first crash err class.

That being said, the seats in the twins are just fine.

·
Registered
975 Posts
This is a truck, not some Lexus to be driven by some pampered princess.
Ha, funny you'd mention that... After almost 2000 ass-pain-free miles driving my wife's near-base-model Wrangler (FL to TN and back), the first thing that crossed my mind when I got home and drove my Colorado again was how car-like the driving experience is in my Colorado.

"It's a truck" is no excuse in 2019. The real go-to phrase should be, "It's a seat," and those aren't exactly rocket science. They dropped the ball and they don't care, pure and simple.

·
Registered
492 Posts
After my recent road trip, I have determined that I have a maximum "ass in seat time" of about 4 hours. Never had this problem in a vehicle before. My lower back started to get really sore and my legs uncomfortable. For me, I'll just have to plan future road trips accordingly. I'd gladly take the seats from my Ford Edge or any of the 3 VW's I've owned. After an 11 drive I got out of the truck and I was walking like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I came from a 99 Grand Prix to my Canyon. You wanna sit in some uncomfortable seats go sit on those seats. I guess after 11years of torturing my ass with my Grand Prix the seats on the Canyon seem amazing!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It’s funny how we all feel so different about the comfort of these seats. My wife says I have a frog butt. Meaning I have no ass just a crack in my lower back.

For me, the cloth seats are okay but a lot not cushion would have been better. Even after 30K miles the seats feel a little stiff. I guess I should’ve opted for the leather.

Gusto!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It’s funny how we all feel so different about the comfort of these seats. My wife says I have a frog butt. Meaning I have no ass just a crack in my lower back.

For me, the cloth seats are okay but a lot more cushion would have been better. Even after 30K miles the seats feel a little stiff. I guess I should’ve opted for the leather.

Gusto!

101 - 120 of 132 Posts
About this Discussion
131 Replies
90 Participants
htusa31
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing