Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Everyone bashes the Nissan frontier but I just test drove a 19 and the seats were 8 way power and bigger more comfortable. Heck had sunroof and duel climate. I had no idea. In many ways it has more than new twins

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yeah but did you look at the exterior? UAF

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was a bit apprehensive about those “vinyl” seats in my ‘15 Z71, but I can sit in them all day. I think the material they used on the standard Z71 seats feels really cheap....kind of like they came from one of those all vinyl interiors of yester-year. You know, the base model ones that you could hose out at the end of the day? But, despite that I find them comfortable. I’m 5’9” @160. My wife finds them to be fine also.

I understand people having issues with seating position, though. Some Subaru and Toyota seats are absolutely unbearable for my back.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I was a bit apprehensive about those “vinyl” seats in my ‘15 Z71, but I can sit in them all day. I think the material they used on the standard Z71 seats feels really cheap....kind of like they came from one of those all vinyl interiors of yester-year. You know, the base model ones that you could hose out at the end of the day? But, despite that I find them comfortable. I’m 5’9” @160. My wife finds them to be fine also.

I understand people having issues with seating position, though. Some Subaru and Toyota seats are absolutely unbearable for my back.
That was Naugahyde and if you knew how many innocent Naugas were slaughtered to make those covers, you wouldn't be so flippant about them. The entire population of Naugas were exterminated before PETA could step in and place them on the endangered species list, which is why Naugahyde is no longer used. :surprise:>:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I find the seat comfort ok except when I get out the lever on the side seems to be placed too high and jabs me in the back of the leg every time. Really weird when I look at all other seats the handles are placed lower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You made a good decision, I bought the Canyon with leather seats and now had to buy another truck as the Canyon seats were too uncomfortable to drive, very unhappy with GM.

Disgusted in Colorado!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 19 colorado,road trip Miami-Tampa,4 hours each way,perfectly happy with the seats,not leather,maybe being short 5'7 helps:grin2:
As was mentioned before, the 19's now have 6 way power driver seat. They added the tilt which apparently fixes the issues with most drivers. I'll see myself when my truck comes in. But glad I bought a 19 now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
6’2 245lb 19’ LT owner here coming from a ‘real German’ VW product(older Tiguan); my seats are the base LT trim w/o lumbar adjustment nor heat and I’m coming to find that they’re barely adequate for trips but alright in daily use. I have my thigh and lowering adjustments at their limits providing marginal comfort but the bolstering and steering wheel adjustment could use quite a bit more range, however the headroom is more than adequate.

My overall opinion is that they’re livable given the awesome truck around them but the basic ergonomic geometry is lacking though not as much as in the Tacoma and Frontier, especially for tall/large folks.

I, for one, am curious about the new Ranger’s ergo stuff compared to our trucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
6’2 245lb 19’ LT owner here coming from a ‘real German’ VW product(older Tiguan); my seats are the base LT trim w/o lumbar adjustment nor heat and I’m coming to find that they’re barely adequate for trips but alright in daily use. I have my thigh and lowering adjustments at their limits providing marginal comfort but the bolstering and steering wheel adjustment could use quite a bit more range, however the headroom is more than adequate.

My overall opinion is that they’re livable given the awesome truck around them but the basic ergonomic geometry is lacking though not as much as in the Tacoma and Frontier, especially for tall/large folks.

I, for one, am curious about the new Ranger’s ergo stuff compared to our trucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I owned a Ranger in the Fiji Islands. A 2014 XLT. The seats on that look to be the same as the one in the American one. The interior is mostly the same. They changed up the dash and radio etc.. But seating was great. Wider chairs. My XLT did have some power adjustments. But the seats were great. I doubt anyone would have a problem with them. And in that regard, the Ranger owns the Colorado as far as seating. I only test drove the Colorado and I actually ordered one because the higher trimmed Rangers are way to expensive. But on my test drive I could feel the seats were not as good. But good enough. The ones I will get will have the 6 way power and leather. But they could put 10 way power seats and they would never be as good as the Ranger's. The rangers having a really comfy seat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to modify the motor and switch to make it adjust like the 2019 model?

or just swap in the '19 seats when they start to become a bit more readily available...

i think the seats in our '18 z71 are just fine. not great, but not terrible. a more adjustable base would definitely make them better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm driving a '19 as a loaner right now and yes, the 6-way seat fixes the only real complaint I've had with my '16. I'll be installing a 2019 power seat track as soon as I can lay my hands on one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Biggest problem with the OEM cheap seats in my '19 WT is the [email protected]#[email protected]! headrest, which was apparently designed for looks not use, or else the design lead responsible was a Buddhist with an intense need to sit in the car contemplating his/her navel: that thing shoves your head so far forward you can hardly see higher than the instrument panel! Suppose it works for a lowrider-esque seat fully reclined driving position, but that's not how I roll... Tried but can't seem to remove the headrest [internal stop?]; they'd be fine if you just flipped them around so they slant back instead of forward; they're only there to keep you from getting whiplash in an accident anyway [as they are now, if your head bounces off them you'll probably break your axis or atlas [C1, C2 vertebrae] when your head is forced sharply forward and down... & be a quad the rest of your miserable life!] Vital stats: 6'3", 240#. Other than that, the seats are really lacking in lumbar support, but it wouldn't be insurmountable if it wasn't for the stupid headrest design, as indicated: I've long been accustomed to using a lower back pillow on longer drives in other vehicles over the years. But until I can sort out the headrest issue, the longest drive in my new truck that doesn't leave me groaning is ~ 1 hr...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Biggest problem with the OEM cheap seats in my '19 WT is the [email protected]#[email protected]! headrest, which was apparently designed for looks not use, or else the design lead responsible was a Buddhist with an intense need to sit in the car contemplating his/her navel: that thing shoves your head so far forward you can hardly see higher than the instrument panel! Suppose it works for a lowrider-esque seat fully reclined driving position, but that's not how I roll... Tried but can't seem to remove the headrest [internal stop?]; they'd be fine if you just flipped them around so they slant back instead of forward; they're only there to keep you from getting whiplash in an accident anyway [as they are now, if your head bounces off them you'll probably break your axis or atlas [C1, C2 vertebrae] when your head is forced sharply forward and down... & be a quad the rest of your miserable life!] Vital stats: 6'3", 240#. Other than that, the seats are really lacking in lumbar support, but it wouldn't be insurmountable if it wasn't for the stupid headrest design, as indicated: I've long been accustomed to using a lower back pillow on longer drives in other vehicles over the years. But until I can sort out the headrest issue, the longest drive in my new truck that doesn't leave me groaning is ~ 1 hr...
Personal preference. My ZR2 has great lumbar adjustment and my head doesnt come close to resting on the head rest. I for one think the headrests look great, and if it restricts how far back your head travels in the event of an accident, well I guess it's doing what it's intended to.

It'd be nice to see more aggressive bolsters on the seats to keep you in place more. This would also help disperse the pressure more so the seats wouldn't feel so hard and flat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking like I'm with OP on this one. I too have been very stoked on getting a Colorado or Canyon. Been browsing for quite some time and today I actually test drove one for the first time. I instantly noticed the hard seat. Tried sitting in one with leather and one with the cloth leather combo. Very disappointed. Would the Canyon Denali be just as hard?

Guess I'll have to hang on to my 2002 Dakota a bit longer wile I reassess my options. :frown2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I get it. Different people like different things. Same with bed mattresses. Some like it firm while others like it soft. Many years ago I was looking at vehicles and observed that many of the "import" vehicles (Toyota, Nissan, etc) all seemed to have a harder feel than the domestics. A buddy ones said to me that domestics seem to have more of a "pillowy" feel. The Colorado's I sat in remind me a lot of the "import" seat feel, which I do not like. Guess I'm just a pillowy type of guy.

What they need to have is a sleep number seat! :grin2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looking like I'm with OP on this one. I too have been very stoked on getting a Colorado or Canyon. Been browsing for quite some time and today I actually test drove one for the first time. I instantly noticed the hard seat. Tried sitting in one with leather and one with the cloth leather combo. Very disappointed. Would the Canyon Denali be just as hard?

Guess I'll have to hang on to my 2002 Dakota a bit longer wile I reassess my options. :frown2:
Denali seats are great, but they do get batter after some break in time. The '19s are even better with the one thing I'd change from my' 17: power tilt seat bottom. Even without that, I spent 35+ hours comfortably on a round trip to NH recently. Would love to add that tilt motor to mine!

2017 GMC Canyon Denali V6 CCSB 4X4

61 - 80 of 132 Posts
About this Discussion
131 Replies
90 Participants
htusa31
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing