Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
We took a 400 mile trip this weekend and I drove my Canyon (cloth seats) instead of my wife's Acura RDX because the RDX seats hurt my butt on long trips. The Canyon seats are much more suited to my rear end.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You all do know the op who started this thread has not posted since the first time....
Post count of 1. Simply a drive by bitching....

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You guys should see the "drive by's on Facebook. Some actually make me laugh. Must be disgruntled fanboys.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Looks like the OP, @shannosa, was a one hit one post wonder...lol
You all do know the op who started this thread has not posted since the first time....
Post count of 1. Simply a drive by bitching....
Most real people will come back to reply and be part of the discussion if they were that interested in registering and posting in the first place.

Ya ever think it's probably just IB or the business people or the moderators who are trying to keep readership and participation levels UP, so they can continue to sell ad space? I'm convinced it's at the direction of the people behind the forum to make posts just to start ****.

Here we are, 47 posts into a fake discussion. It works...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Most real people will come back to reply and be part of the discussion if they were that interested in registering and posting in the first place.

Ya ever think it's probably just IB or the business people or the moderators who are trying to keep readership and participation levels UP, so they can continue to sell ad space? I'm convinced it's at the direction of the people behind the forum to make posts just to start ****.

Entirely possible, makes no difference to me as my seats are plenty comfy...
And it is good for a laugh as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Make this post #49. Is there ads on these pages? If so then I know my ad blocker is working then. So let them post all the ads they want I usually son't see them.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts

I was a moderator here for a short while and they don't create threads to keep the site interesting. The mods work for free and it's enough work checking the site and moving threads to proper places. I know that there have definitely been trolls that try to start **** and complain. Maybe some work for Toyota or are just fans of other trucks. Who knows?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

Short answer - no.

Longer answer, I've moderated three different boards, one truck related, one camera related and one gun related. We didn't encourage these types of posts on any of them. One one board, if the post was a duplicate of an already reported issue, it was either closed or combined with the original post. The most frequent type of person who makes these kinds of posts is someone who has a problem with the product and feels the company has done them wrong. In many of these cases, the person is taking the low road, hitting as many sites as they can find, simply to extract some type of revenge. These people typically lack the skill or determination to face the problem head on and do what is needed to be done to get the issue fixed, for example in the case of a truck, switch dealers, contact GM or if needed, contact a lawyer. Note that this isn't to say they don't have a legitimate problem, only that they are incapable of resolving it properly.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Short answer - no.

Longer answer, I've moderated three different boards, one truck related, one camera related and one gun related. We didn't encourage these types of posts on any of them. One one board, if the post was a duplicate of an already reported issue, it was either closed or combined with the original post. The most frequent type of person who makes these kinds of posts is someone who has a problem with the product and feels the company has done them wrong. In many of these cases, the person is taking the low road, hitting as many sites as they can find, simply to extract some type of revenge. These people typically lack the skill or determination to face the problem head on and do what is needed to be done to get the issue fixed, for example in the case of a truck, switch dealers, contact GM or if needed, contact a lawyer. Note that this isn't to say they don't have a legitimate problem, only that they are incapable of resolving it properly.
The moderators here do a good job.

Internet trolls certainly aren't a new thing, but it seems the troll-like posts have increased so much. It's probably just increased activity, and people with a bone to pick about a product or company.

With the commercialization of forums I can't help but wonder if there are actually, uh, "conversation starters" that come along to increase activity. I guess it's more of an unfounded speculation. I remember back when guys used to run these forums out of their basements, a true labor of love. I think my first forum membership was on thirdgen.org back in the later-90's, I was about 15 or so. Things have changed for better or worse, but I just don't remember stuff like this. Trolls used to at least come back, and they didn't post about such stupid topics ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well... theoretically, the OP said the seats were a deal breaker, meaning they weren't going to get the vehicle. And asked if others noticed. The first few posts agreed they were bad, thus validating his excuse not to get it. If he didn't get it why would he bother coming back? Don't think it has to be some nefarious reason behind it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a 2015 Canyon all terrain and I agree with him. The seats are very uncomfortable “for me” after about an hour of driving I am moving all around trying to get comfortable. The problem I believe is the front of the seat needs to lower. I keep hoping they would change to seats witht more adjustments, and yes it will be a deal breaker for me when I start looking for a new truck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a 2015 Canyon all terrain and I agree with him. The seats are very uncomfortable “for me” after about an hour of driving I am moving all around trying to get comfortable. The problem I believe is the front of the seat needs to lower. I keep hoping they would change to seats witht more adjustments, and yes it will be a deal breaker for me when I start looking for a new truck.
^^^ This exactly the front of the seat needs to lower. About an hour and it becomes uncomfortable even the wife complains. Love the truck except for the seats and the reason I will be going back to a 18' Silverado in the very near future.

·
Registered
962 Posts
well now the seats come with 6 way for driver and you can tilt the seat back and forth now which is big difference. I had a 16 and besides the seats being hard which was better once after first week i added Katskins but still not great the tilt and front of seat and it being short. It is still short but tilting makes it lot better. They are still real hard and firm but that after about 6 months and 16k miles seems to break in better. So you might try the 19s to see. Still only offer 4 way for passenger which stinks!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
well now the seats come with 6 way for driver and you can tilt the seat back and forth now which is big difference. Still only offer 4 way for passenger which stinks!

I agree. . . after having 8-way power front seats for BOTH the driver and passenger in my 2010 Colorado LT (w/Z71 suspension BTW) the 2nd Gen Twins are a bit disappointing in the seating area. The seats are also more narrow and flatter.
The 2010 is still in the family and when I get to sit in that truck. . . the difference is notable.
That said, we are ok with the seats in our 2017 Colorado LT with leather. They just are not as comfortable and substantial as the 2010 and earlier.

IMO, GM cheaped out a bit too much going to a different [ Faurecia.com ] seat vendor for the Twins. Lear made much better seats even 6 years ago. ::chevy::
2010 Colorado LT w/ Leather - -

2017 Colorado LT w/ Leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
^^^ This exactly the front of the seat needs to lower. About an hour and it becomes uncomfortable even the wife complains. Love the truck except for the seats and the reason I will be going back to a 18' Silverado in the very near future.
Not for me, if my legs are too perpendicular to the floor my lower back hurts. The seats are almost perfect for me, so back off! Full size trucks have a even higher seat height to floor ratio, I was never uncomfortable in my full size.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I agree. . . after having 8-way power front seats for BOTH the driver and passenger in my 2010 Colorado LT (w/Z71 suspension BTW) the 2nd Gen Twins are a bit disappointing in the seating area. The seats are also more narrow and flatter.
The 2010 is still in the family and when I get to sit in that truck. . . the difference is notable.
That said, we are ok with the seats in our 2017 Colorado LT with leather. They just are not as comfortable and substantial as the 2010 and earlier.

IMO, GM cheaped out a bit too much going to a different [ Faurecia.com ] seat vendor for the Twins. Lear made much better seats even 6 years ago.

The photos definitely show how much better the seats were in the gen 1 trucks. Again I will live with the not so good seats in my otherwise awesome truck. Too bad it has to be that way. Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
The photos definitely show how much better the seats were in the gen 1 trucks. Again I will live with the not so good seats in my otherwise awesome truck. Too bad it has to be that way. Thanks for posting that.

Yes, I agree also. The main thing for us is if wife can be comfortable since she is shorter and also has had back issues. We passed by several other vehicles because the seats would not be comfortable for much over an hour, and even then, would likely have caused a back ache later in the day.
As much as the 1st Gen Colorado/Canyon got maligned for a cheap, "plasticy" interior, the seats were top notch and the power of the 3.7L Atlas I-5 engine was more than adequate. I owned both a 2005 and 2010 which I had for 7 years. I debated even selling it for the 2017, but it went to a family member who needed it.

Clearly GM focused on interior appearance and tech at the expense of seating quality and comfort. The seats are "ok" . .. but sure wish they were wider like the 1st Gen. We feel more "shoe horned" into the 2017 seats whereas in the 2010 . . . it was almost like sitting in a living room chair recliner according to my daughter who now owns it.

41 - 60 of 132 Posts
About this Discussion
131 Replies
90 Participants
htusa31
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing