Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
The vehicles I have owned had either a straight path from the AC plenum via a tube or had a small one-way rubber valve on the end of the tube. I think the purge valve mentioned is related to the charcoal canister. Anyway, once you locate the outlet under the truck, I have had good luck blowing compressed air through the outlet tube or using a small wire to free up the rubber valve. This usually starts the tube flowing and then I don't use the recirc feature for several days to help dry things out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Never heard of an HVAC purge valve in vehicle systems. There is a purge valve in refrigerant recovery systems.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Are you saying it's not suppose to leak water on the ground like all other cars I've ever had? I do have the 4 cyl.
The mfg's are locating drains to drain onto/close to the hot exhaust and vaporize, so puddles may not be visible all the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2015 Colorado and the AC smells like mildew when I have it on. I’ve tried to find the drain tube for it but haven’t had any luck. Does anyone have a picture or know of a video that could show me?

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,972 Posts
I have a 2015 Colorado and the AC smells like mildew when I have it on. I’ve tried to find the drain tube for it but haven’t had any luck. Does anyone have a picture or know of a video that could show me?
Have you changed your Cabin Air Filter?
That could be part of the issue:

What are the symptoms of a bad cabin air filter?
Another symptom of a bad or failing cabin air filter is an unusual odor coming from the vehicle's interior vents. An excessively contaminated filter may produce a dusty, dirty, or musty smell. The smell may become more pronounced when the air is turned on, and may make the cabin uncomfortable for the passengers.

Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Cabin Air Filter | YourMechanic Advice

Reactions: OzarkMoonshine

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve changed the cabin air filter and it still has the smell. I bought some cleaner that you spray on to the evap core and it will clean and kill anything that might be growing on it. The easiest way of getting the cleaner on the evap core is going through the drain tube, the only other way is by taking the blower motor out.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,972 Posts
I’ve changed the cabin air filter and it still has the smell. I bought some cleaner that you spray on to the evap core and it will clean and kill anything that might be growing on it. The easiest way of getting the cleaner on the evap core is going through the drain tube, the only other way is by taking the blower motor out.
The drain hose is part 25
My guess is that housing would be near the Fire Wall around middle of the truck possible

2015-2020 GM Drain Hose 23200276 | GMPartOnline

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 3.6 LGZ
4,759 Posts
Mine (25) plumbs into the transmission tunnel on the drivers side (3.6). The carpeting is cut on top so the carpet section can be pulled back to access it.
I had a picture here of it. This isn't FB so Its still here.

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ours smells musty too, since new.

When we went to Joshua Tree National Park, there were areas that were closed off to vehicles because they had not had rain in so long, the honey bees would swarm the engine compartments to drink the moisture from a/c condenser & when you restart your vehicle, many bees would be killed by the fan. Crazy stuff, who'd of ever thunk it ? Lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts