Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ultimate Off-Road Mashup: Chevy ZR2, Ford Raptor and Ram Power Wagon

TFLTruck at Cliffhanger 2.0

Imagine if the ZR2 had 33s.... :grin2:

Reactions: DiNoto and lqdchkn

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Impressive for a bone stock ZR2. 33" or larger, maybe a few new GMPP parts, the anti wrap bar is the top of my list.

Snows down to 6k feet, think I'll go play today.

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea saw this last week and impressive.
Would be better if it were ZR2, Tacoma, and Ranger the other two are to big.
Agreed. At least with the Tacoma since the Ranger isn't available yet or even finished.

The Tacoma TRD Pro walked up the Dare line without much of a problem earlier in the year but that was in much better conditions and without the giant holes left by the Power Wagon's failed attempt. Not sure why they let that tank go first. It left big holes and piles of rock which made it even more difficult for the Raptor and ZR2.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Agreed. At least with the Tacoma since the Ranger isn't available yet or even finished.

The Tacoma TRD Pro walked up the Dare line without much of a problem earlier in the year but that was in much better conditions and without the giant holes left by the Power Wagon's failed attempt. Not sure why they let that tank go first. It left big holes and piles of rock which made it even more difficult for the Raptor and ZR2.

I was thinking the same thing.. The dodge had to have ripped everything up going first.

Yea probably be a long time before we see a US version and any comparison in the US.
Ranger is still made just not in the United States, There probably is some videos somewhere with the Holden vs Ranger.

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking the same thing.. The dodge had to have ripped everything up going first.

Yea probably be a long time before we see a US version and any comparison in the US.
Ranger is still made just not in the United States, There probably is some videos somewhere with the Holden vs Ranger.
I've watched the Australian comparisons and the Holden usually comes in last. lol Stoked for the Ranger to make a comeback. If they stick a twin turbo v6 in it then GM will have to respond. Maybe Toyota will get on board with a real engine too. The lack of low end grunt in these gassers is killing me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've watched the Australian comparisons and the Holden usually comes in last. lol Stoked for the Ranger to make a comeback. If they stick a twin turbo v6 in it then GM will have to respond. Maybe Toyota will get on board with a real engine too. The lack of low end grunt in these gassers is killing me.

I almost waited for the Ranger but Ford has been executing so bad. Some say it may launch early next year and some say late 2018. My guess is it will be much longer.

That is the reason I bought the Colorado. I figured let it be out for a while to see how it is first.

Honestly I am pretty happy with the Colorado and performance for what I do.

But I understand what you are saying..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.