1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing you don't already know:

#1) 2019 Chevrolet Colorado | Compact Trucks

$21,300 | 5-Year Cost of Ownership: $42,064 | U.S. News Overall Score: 8.4/10
The Chevrolet Colorado was the winner of U.S. News’ Best Compact Pickup Truck for the Money award for 2015, 2016, and 2017. While we’ve stopped including trucks in our official award listing, the Colorado is our top choice when it comes to offering the best overall combination of value and quality.
Value: The Colorado’s starting price is the second-lowest among all pickup trucks in our rankings. Moreover, its total cost of ownership undercuts all contenders by a respectable margin.
Quality: The Colorado’s most compelling attributes include its coddling ride, class-leading towing capacity, and variety of strong and fuel-efficient engines. It features an attractive cabin with reasonably comfortable seats and a responsive touch-screen interface with smartphone capability. The Colorado includes Teen Driver as standard, and a few active safety aids are available. Some competing pickup trucks provide roomier seats and greater bed versatility.

12 Best Trucks for the Money in 2019

Compact Pickup Trucks
  1. 2019 Chevrolet Colorado
  2. 2019 Ford Ranger
  3. 2019 Toyota Tacoma
  4. 2019 GMC Canyon
  5. 2019 Honda Ridgeline
  6. 2019 Nissan Frontier
Full-Size Pickup Trucks
  1. 2019 Ram 1500
  2. 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
  3. 2019 Ford F-150
  4. 2019 GMC Sierra 1500
  5. 2019 Nissan Titan
  6. 2019 Toyota Tundra
12 Best Trucks for the Money in 2019
::chevy::

·
Registered
248 Posts
...While we’ve stopped including trucks in our official award listing...
Well, that makes sense. Trucks and SUVs/CUVs are replacing cars in sales popularity so, by all means, stop including trucks in your awards. :frown2:

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Well, that makes sense. Trucks and SUVs/CUVs are replacing cars in sales popularity so, by all means, stop including trucks in your awards. :frown2:
Well, the poor little cars were getting their feelings hurt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So the Chevy and GM (compact and full-size) have minor differences and are close in price but the GM version is 2 to 3 places lower? I would have assumed they would be lumped together.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Best for what money? Our trucks range from about $20,000 to $55,000. And after test driving the Chevy, should I head over to Ford and Toyota and then back across town to try the GMC?

At least they twice hinted that the seats aren't the best.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Parked next to an old S10 the other day. Really makes me chuckle when I see this truck listed as "compact" these days.

How the heck did the Ranger beat out the Taco though?

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Parked next to an old S10 the other day. Really makes me chuckle when I see this truck listed as "compact" these days.

How the heck did the Ranger beat out the Taco though?
How do they have any clue what the costs of ownership are on a truck that has only been released a couple of months?

·
Registered
155 Posts
So the Chevy and GM (compact and full-size) have minor differences and are close in price but the GM version is 2 to 3 places lower? I would have assumed they would be lumped together.
I was thinking the same as the comparable packages only have GMC about $1k more in MSRP than Chevy. When it comes down to out-the-door price, they're probably even closer together in cost. The real kicker that may skew the average cost upward is the Denali.

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
I was thinking the same as the comparable packages only have GMC about $1k more in MSRP than Chevy. When it comes down to out-the-door price, they're probably even closer together in cost. The real kicker that may skew the average cost upward is the Denali.
I built a All Terrain and a Z71 as I would order today, and the discounted (MSRP) price on the GMC and Chevy websites was identical at $39K.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
So the Taco is better than the Canyon because is cheaper? Looks like a couple of grands beats perrformance.
I don't know what they're comparing...but you get a ****-load more options in the Canyon than the Tacoma. The main reason why I didn't buy a Tacoma.

Tacoma doesn't even have power seats!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
You're just like my husband!!

I have the Canyon.... and my husband just placed an order for a hot little BMW.
Not to go off on a tanget but I do like BMWs. Drove my son's 2014 3 Series M Sport w/6 Manual in 2015 for about a year. He custom ordered and shipped from Germany while he was finishing his tour there. A bit small for my taste, great seats, handling and fuel economy.... however, he is now paying the price for a car out of warranty. Yikes :surprise:, they are pricey to fix and service.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Not to go off on a tanget but I do like BMWs. Drove my son's 2014 3 Series M Sport w/6 Manual in 2015 for about a year. He custom ordered and shipped from Germany while he was finishing his tour there. A bit small for my taste, great seats, handling and fuel economy.... however, he is now paying the price for a car out of warranty. Yikes :surprise:, they are pricey to fix and service.
Totally agree...... He has at least 4years/50K miles to decide what to do with it. :smile2: When the car arrives - I believe he might negotiate an additional year or two of bumper to bumper. He told me.... "I will not own that car without a bumper to bumper warranty" - LOL.

So, he'll either have it for 4 years or maybe 5 ?? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Frontier (one that didn't have a cracked ATF cooler tank) was on my short list, #2, behind the 2012 Dakota

1 - 20 of 27 Posts