Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm making my own CAI and am trying to figure out what to do with the tiny little hose that connects to the big box connected to the throttle body, and the larger hose on the back of the valve cover. I know the hose on the valve cover is a breather and part of the PCV system, but not sure what the smaller hose is. I guess my question is, do these two hoses need vacuum? Obviously, they receive some vacuum from the intake of air sucked in from the throttle body. I appears that the resonator, or whatever that big air restrictive box is is just wide open inside, so I assume those two hoses do receive some vacuum. I'm sure I can put fittings in my CAI tube and attache them there if needed.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
There should be two hoses connected to the resonator. The one at the front is a vent for the fuel pressure regulator. The hose at the rear is the fresh air inlet for the PCV system. Not sure they are vacuum hoses. Isn't vacuum formed inside the intake manifold?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's suction throughout the intake system sucking air through the breather, air filter. Yes, vacuum is created inside the intake manifold, but that vacuum is for sucking in air through the air filter and breather system, so these hoses connected to the resonator would have vacuum if connected to the resonator, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.