Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Never seen that ability on any GM vehicle I've had from 2008 & on. The RFID signal is automatically connected to the systems, as the monitors are battery powered transmitters in tire.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
If you replace the 2011 Instrument Cluster with a cluster from '04 thru '06 there will be no indication relative to the TPMS. It doesn't turn off the system, but there will be no lights/warnings for it.

This Ebay seller has new ones, and probably rebuilt (I didn't check):

Great deals from SPEEDOMETER SALES AND SERVICE | eBay Stores

If you get a used one and the mileage is higher than that of your truck, the odometer will not reset to the lower reading. If the replacement cluster has less mileage the your truck currently has, the BCM will update the odometer to the correct reading. In other words, the BCM stores the mileage and can move the odometer forward, but not back.

·
Registered
2017 Laser Blue extended cab 2WD WT (6-cylinder)
389 Posts
“If you replace the 2011 Instrument Cluster with a cluster from '04 thru '06 there will be no indication relative to the TPMS. It doesn't turn off the system, but there will be no lights/warnings for it” or you can put a small piece of black electrical tape over the warning light. ?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Technically you would fail state inspections TPMS is a federally mandated systems on cars built after I think it’s year 2007. Not that a lot of inspections shop check them but there suppose to. Just like if a shop rotates your tires there technically suppose to reprogram your locations so if a tire has a problem you know witch one. One of our vendors for tpms parts was telling me the other day about a lady suing a shop because they didn’t reprogram her locations and she inflated the wrong tire and It blew out on her.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Good point, but technically he won't fail the Kentucky state inspection. Catalytic converters are also mandated, but how many Owner's are out there with gutted cats?
Technically he should fail regardless of state or location it’s a federal requirement but again all varies by shop and if there actually doing there job, same goes for catalytic converters here when the put the sniffer on it, it should be detected drive out of the metroplex there is no sniffer and as long as there’s no code then pass it will.

It’s a fine of up to $10,000 per occurance for a shop to replace a tpms sensor for a standard valve stem on a tpms equipped vehicle, unless said wheel is not equipped with tpms ex. Spare tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.