Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone's opinion of any kind of tuning/tuner for this engine would be appreciated!
I'm currently running a JET obd2 programmer

·
Super Moderator
5,325 Posts
An actual tune/reprogram from a tuner will net the best gains... where are you located? A dyno tune would be the best and most expensive

James Monahan aka Supermodulation can do a remote tune or mail order, he has the most experience in tuning the 2004-2012s

PCM of NC is another choice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An actual tune/reprogram from a tuner will net the best gains... where are you located? A dyno tune would be the best and most expensive

James Monahan aka Supermodulation can do a remote tune or mail order, he has the most experience in tuning the 2004-2012s

PCM of NC is another choice
Thanks for the info! I'm located in northeastern Pennsylvania

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
A Dyno tune is way better than a programmer. When I had my Trans Am dyno tuned they made several runs to get it maxed out to the best gains. I think I paid about $500 back in 2004. It was well worth it. The tuner used LS1 Edit program. My car started out stock on the dyno 304.5 hp, after my mods and his dyno tune it’s at 403 hp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Dyno tune is way better than a programmer. When I had my Trans Am dyno tuned they made several runs to get it maxed out to the best gains. I think I paid about $500 back in 2004. It was well worth it. The tuner used LS1 Edit program. My car started out stock on the dyno 304.5 hp, after my mods and his dyno tune it’s at 403 hp.
Thank's for the info! That's impressive!

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I added every bolt on I could without going inside the engine, then had it Dyno tuned by one of the best tuners in Houston. He got every amount of hp without doing a cams swap. I did not want to go inside the engine on a brand new car. It is now 18 years old and has less than 17,000 miles on it, 5.7L. If you really want hp gains, go with cam/valve train before the tune. I gained my power by freeing up the exhaust, but the air coming in is still restrictive, but a cam could easily add 50-60 more.

·
Super Moderator
5,325 Posts
Thanks for the info! I'm located in northeastern Pennsylvania
James Monahan is in New Jersey, I'm not sure if he has access to a dyno or not but he can road tune or remote tune you. It's best to do all your engine mods beforehand.

If you want his contact Info let me know

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Again, thanks for the info people! I'll definitely be looking for a dyno tuner! Anyone ever heard of Jason Waters located in GA?

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Upgrades like cam, valvetrain, and long tube headers before your dyno tune, would add a lot when you tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts